English Colleges and/or Universities in DR?

GilbertArenas

Mar 15, 2004
Keep in mind UNIBE's cost per year is less than 2500 dollars per semester for their medical "degree" for non Dominican/Haitians. Dirt cheap compared to any US medical program.......but as they say "too good to be true".

Also keep in mind that the UNIBE medical degree means absolutely nothing outside of the DR as many have found much to their detest. My friend was WOEFULLY underprepared to attempt to get licensed in the US from their program.

He passed the test, but keep in mind this guy was a true genius and only attended UNIBE because his family couldnt' afford to send him to the US. He told me the "doctors" running the UNIBE programs would be lucky to get even 10% of the questions correct on the American or Canadian certification exams.

If you think you'll be getting any sort of good medical education in the DR, think again. You'll just be wasting your money unless you want an excuse to live in the DR. Also, to give you an idea of how unprofessional this place is you are literally cutting up "fresh" Dominican cadavers from the morgue in the 3rd week of school.

Last edited:

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
A bit of caution

PeachezNcream84 said:
Does anyone have any info at all on English Colleges and/or Universities in DR??

Such as names, locations, ways to contact them?

If there is any further info such as courses offered and if all Canadian High School education is transferable? Approximate costs? any info at all..

Before there are questions...yes this is for me...and this is just the begninning of an idea I am having that I would like to research...

Thanks in advance for all your words of wisdom DR1-ers!! ;)

You also have to take into account that if you get a degree in the DR for something, it may not be worth much in Canada or where ever. Even though math is math and humans are humans its not the same in every country. My brother is a M.D (Piedatrician) in the DR but he can hardly find work here in Canada or the U.S. Just something to think about from your neighbor down the road(QEW).