English Man re temporary residency permit

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hopefully Sr. Guzman will comment here. My understanding was that before we had to return to our birth country to start the process - but now with this new 'amnesty' program, you can begin it here. This is brand new since June 2nd. Once you have your temporary residency, the permanent should follow without your returning to UK. I think. :ermm:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
So either way i have to return to the UK. There is no getting out of that?

I have the same understanding as AE, that all will be done here. I think that if all the Haitians were going to have to return to Haiti to renew this for permanent residency.. there would be an uproar. I think that this cedula is a permanent cedula. It is all at the discretion of the Junta Electoral. But there is nothing that I have read that says that this is temporary cedula which will have to be renewed in six months.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
Dude you are married to a Dominican and that along entitles you to get a Dominican residency. Your Dominican wife has to make the request at the immigration office on the Malecon avenue in Santo Domingo on the same street as the Coca Cola plant. You do not need to go back to the UK to do that. Just have to pay a fees for overstaying your work visa. Make sure that you have a steady job which will also help you a lot and also to have bank accounts here.