English School in Sosua

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In Charamicos at the end of the street going left when facing CT Express there used to a Haitian guy in the last house on the left that taught English at a reasonable price. He might still be there, you can check. But he was good.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
the Haitian guy was also selling copies of a popular high priced english language program at a very reasonable price.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Stop by Rocky's and aask there if there is any one wishing to tach English, Probably someone hanging around would be glad for a bit of tutoring work.
Thanks but it would have to be a school. Tried the one up near Piergiorgio and wasn't really impressed. There are decent ones in POP but that's a lot of travel.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
I teach english

Any recommendations? For an adult...

Hello I am an American that has moved to the DR permanetly. I just finished my contract at the International School in Sosua and I teach English privately. How much English do you speak and what is your native language.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hello I am an American that has moved to the DR permanetly. I just finished my contract at the International School in Sosua and I teach English privately. How much English do you speak and what is your native language.
Thanks for the offer, however she would prefer going to a school where she could practice with other students. (No it's not for me). My post was misleading Sorry. Plus, I don't think she can afford to pay for private courses.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Eddy, I have heard you speaking at around 3am, a few times, it didn't sound like "English" to me!
You weren't speaking too well, and I wasn't hearing too well!
But neither of us had any problems "Drinking"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Eddy, I have heard you speaking at around 3am, a few times, it didn't sound like "English" to me!
You weren't speaking too well, and I wasn't hearing too well!
But neither of us had any problems "Drinking"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I've been practicing (Drinking that is) a lot so hopefully you'll understand me better. We'll have to get together on your next trip so Sin City.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
There is a private language school in Pro Cab, Cabarete. It is called the Language Institute and there are classes to attend. Sorry I don't have their phone number and I don't know either if it has a web site but it may be worth a try.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There is a private language school in Pro Cab, Cabarete. It is called the Language Institute and there are classes to attend. Sorry I don't have their phone number and I don't know either if it has a web site but it may be worth a try.
Thanks. I will check it out the next time I go. I'm still hoping for something in Sosua though.