Escape Route from the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Rattus_Rattus said:
After the ww2, europe recived the socalled "marshall-aid" from US this is something most of europe hasnt forgotten about. If the worst scenario would break out, im sure all of europe would do everything to help the US.

I wouldnt be sleepless if i was you. :classic:
What a joke this is...

Most of Europe forgot the day after. When the French told a US General he wanted all the troops out of France the General asked "The dead ones also?"

Scott

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Escott said:
What a joke this is...

Most of Europe forgot the day after. When the French told a US General he wanted all the troops out of France the General asked "The dead ones also?"

Scott

As I tell the sometimes arrogant Europeans , if it weren?t for us Americans, all of you would be Sprechen Deutsch today!!!

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
pati said:
Unlike most who post here I absolutely love the US. If the US economy collapses (which I doubt) paradise in DR may not continue to be paradise for those who live like kings and queens there. Since many of them have bank accounts in the US or have income in US dollars.

If there was a mass exodus to the Dominican Republic it would devastate the country. The country can barely sustain the people it already has. Maybe you haven't noticed most Dominicans live in poverty.

That is because most Dominicans can't read and those that can don't understand what they are reading. If people from europe and the US flooded this country, I bet they would not go hungry.
People here don't think about the future, the little money made is spent on brugal, and loose women. I guess we live for the moment...but that is why Dominicans live in poverty, not because the country itself doesn't have the capacity to maintain the population.
This country is RICH. The problem is that people here have been robbed blind by their own corrput governments, we have land so fertile that you don't even have to tend to your crops that much, everything grows. We have gypsum, gold, silver, niquel, iron and a lot more minerals that are worth a fortune. This country is so rich that I think it's only a matter of time before we find oil... and then the government steals the money :)

pati

Feb 3, 2004
DRshooter said:
That is because most Dominicans can't read and those that can don't understand what they are reading. If people from europe and the US flooded this country, I bet they would not go hungry.
People here don't think about the future, the little money made is spent on brugal, and loose women. I guess we live for the moment...but that is why Dominicans live in poverty, not because the country itself doesn't have the capacity to maintain the population.
This country is RICH. The problem is that people here have been robbed blind by their own corrput governments, we have land so fertile that you don't even have to tend to your crops that much, everything grows. We have gypsum, gold, silver, niquel, iron and a lot more minerals that are worth a fortune. This country is so rich that I think it's only a matter of time before we find oil... and then the government steals the money :)

When I say the country can barely sustain the people it has I am referring to the current political climate there. Without rampant corruption DR's economy could thrive but I don't see that changing any time soon. Given that, most people who are successful in DR do it with money outside of DR and they will have to continue to rely on currency other than the Dominican peso in order to live a middle to upper middle class lifestyle.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
I think alot of Dominicans (like the construction workers I have hired) are poor because they only want to work three or four hours a day.

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
jerryme said:
I think alot of Dominicans (like the construction workers I have hired) are poor because they only want to work three or four hours a day.
How long would you work for 2000 pesos a month??? what would you do for that amount of money???

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
pati said:
When I say the country can barely sustain the people it has I am referring to the current political climate there. Without rampant corruption DR's economy could thrive but I don't see that changing any time soon. Given that, most people who are successful in DR do it with money outside of DR and they will have to continue to rely on currency other than the Dominican peso in order to live a middle to upper middle class lifestyle.
Well...government is people. I think that if enough europeans and americas came down and became citizens...they could make a huge diference on how things are done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.