eSim Pay as you go Plan?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
All companies now have eSim, Just tell you want to witch your number to eSim. Im using in my Iphone 2 lines. Main line for calls and 2nd. line use it for Data only with VIVA. Im saving my plan Gb to use it while Im on vacations as roaming and If I visit an area that its not serve by VIVA, so while at home and work Im using Wifi

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Go by a prepaid cell card from Altice or Claro. You can even buy one in the street of the main shopping areas or main park of whichever town/ city for around 80 pesos. Add credit in your local colmado or local Banca (Loteka, Suerta, Bingo) and you can then activate an internet plan on your phone for as little as 49 pesos.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Go by a prepaid cell card from Altice or Claro. You can even buy one in the street of the main shopping areas or main park of whichever town/ city for around 80 pesos. Add credit in your local colmado or local Banca (Loteka, Suerta, Bingo) and you can then activate an internet plan on your phone for as little as 49 pesos.
Phone only holds eSims. No card slot.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I thought eSim cards were "physically" attached to the phone, already built in.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
They are digital sim cards. You still need to get the coded in from your carrier. Relatively new and allow you to add more than 1 sim to a phone.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

trspencer

Aug 27, 2023
Sosua
You can add up to 8 eSIMs on your iPhone but only 2 can be active at once. With some carriers (none in the DR that I'm aware of but in US/Europe) you can set them up online, just scan a QR code, pick your service plan, and you're all set.

Reactions: cavok and Kricke87