Essential Oils

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Do you know of a store or person that sells essential oils on the north coast? I know I can order essential oils online and have it sent here from abroad. Thank you.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
On La Sirena's facebook page some girl asked the same exact question and let me find the response..

Hola Mercedes, puedes encontrar una gran variedad de aceites arom?ticos en nuestras tiendas, te invitamos a que nos visites en nuestra ?rea de Mercer?a. Te esperamos

Hi Mercedes, you can find a large variety of Essential Oils in our stores, we invite you to visit one of our stores. She says to visit the Merceria section (which I'm not sure what it is lol). Something like the arts and crafts section I guess..

There is a La Sirena in Puerto Plata, Good luck!

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Thank you Syanora. Hope they have it, but I would be kinda surprised...not sure the people at La Sirena know what true essential oils are... I'll go there next week and report back. Thanks again.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Merceria is haberdashery - still, they might have aromatic oils for use in burners but real essential oils? I doubt it.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Ohmmmmm - ting Ting !

I am ignorant - what are essential oils ?

I managed to find real coconut oil, and there is almond, mango and even truffle oil available locally on the North Coast. There are a few more but I cant remember them!
so what is "Essential Oil"
Olly

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
On La Sirena's facebook page some girl asked the same exact question and let me find the response..

Hola Mercedes, puedes encontrar una gran variedad de aceites arom?ticos en nuestras tiendas, te invitamos a que nos visites en nuestra ?rea de Mercer?a. Te esperamos

Hi Mercedes, you can find a large variety of Essential Oils in our stores, we invite you to visit one of our stores. She says to visit the Merceria section (which I'm not sure what it is lol). Something like the arts and crafts section I guess..

There is a La Sirena in Puerto Plata, Good luck!

i think that the aromatic is for smelling as in burning.. have never seen body oils for sale here

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the ones in la sirena are smelly oils for hobo chic fans. but MA, i use almond oil for body, available in pharmacies. bought one gallon bottle, about 1000 pesos.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Ohmmmmm,
You haven't enlightened me as to what essential oils you are looking for so it is hard to help you.
Playero in Sosua has a number of oils Row 12 halfway to the back - not sure if they are essential - and yes I have Wikied Essential oils to find out but it doesn't really help !
There is grapeseed oil, ginger oil , avocado oil, pumpkin seed oil and a number of others!
You could even save on mosquito repelant by using garlic oil but I am not sure where you would use chilli oil if you want for massage! Playero has all of these but they may be more cullinary than thereputic!
Janets have almond, mango and coconut oils and a few more towards the Western Union stand in the store.

Could be interesting with the chilli oil!
Olly and the ohmmmmm Team!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
the ones in la sirena are smelly oils for hobo chic fans. but MA, i use almond oil for body, available in pharmacies. bought one gallon bottle, about 1000 pesos.

You must smell like a big nut then... lol

BelgianK

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Essential oils are oils derived mostly from flowers and fruits, and used mostly for aromatherapy, or massage.

The most common one is probably hibiscus oil used in saunas and for massage

BelgianK

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I think the Essential Oils the OP is talking about are the more therapeutic ones as opposed to aromatherapy/massage. I use a few, and usually diffuse them in a cold mist humidifier or rub some on the bottom of my feet. I swear by Eucalyptus & Cedar when I have a cold, and Lavender works really well for me when I get headaches too.

Vicks is pretty much just menthol, eucalyptus & camphor oil, so maybe that's why the straight essential oil works for me. Tiger Balm is also made of essential oils. I'm only speaking for myself but I do believe they work for certain conditions.

I know there was a thread on health food stores recently, maybe if you could find one they could get them in for you if they aren't stocked.

Here is a chart that explains the supposed uses:
Essential Oil Use Chart

Last edited:

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Not to be confused with precious bodily fluids

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rKR32ImWYzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
lavender oil is the best cure for small burns. It stings for a minute and then the pain just leaches away.
I know after having worked in kitchens just how effective it can be!

But my favorite is a pure jasmine oil...not cheap but the most incredible aroma

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
vinyasa,
I think the Op was asking where to get them here on the North Coast. Do tell where these are avaialble ?

Olly and the Team

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Would you mind telling me where you saw Truffle Oil on the North Coast?

Thanks

Ohmmmmm - ting Ting !

I am ignorant - what are essential oils ?

I managed to find real coconut oil, and there is almond, mango and even truffle oil available locally on the North Coast. There are a few more but I cant remember them!
so what is "Essential Oil"
Olly

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I think the Essential Oils the OP is talking about are the more therapeutic ones as opposed to aromatherapy/massage. I use a few, and usually diffuse them in a cold mist humidifier or rub some on the bottom of my feet. I swear by Eucalyptus & Cedar when I have a cold, and Lavender works really well for me when I get headaches too.

Vicks is pretty much just menthol, eucalyptus & camphor oil, so maybe that's why the straight essential oil works for me. Tiger Balm is also made of essential oils. I'm only speaking for myself but I do believe they work for certain conditions.

I know there was a thread on health food stores recently, maybe if you could find one they could get them in for you if they aren't stocked.

Here is a chart that explains the supposed uses:
Essential Oil Use Chart

Yes, this is what I was referring to. I'll look and ask around and if I come across a store or person selling true essential oils I'll come back and post where I found it. It really can help with mood and some health conditions, but like most things its over hyped in the USA. Thank you!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
jinty,
La Serena, POP in the isle with olive oils etc - top shelf in a small tall tin. no sure if it is infused but it was 1300 RD$ for a small tin!

Olly and the Team

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
OP: If La Sirena POP doesn't pan out, you could try contacting this place:

QUEBRA PEDRA, S.A. - About

They're in San Cristobal, so definitely not north coast, and they also seem to have mostly seed oils. Maybe they can help you find somewhere that distributes closer to where you are or at least give you another lead.