Every parent's nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I worked my way through college as a delivery driver. Once or twice out of thousands of deliveries I left a pizza bag on top of the car. Others drivers did it all the time. I know its a child not a bag of pizzas, but it is the same principle involved, rushing too much and not thinking . I am surprised that these tragedies don't occur more often. Dominicans have a strong belief in guardian angels and will believe that the baby is now an angel watching over the parents. I think this is why tragedies like these don't quite destroy them the way they do Americans and others.

I am English and it would totally destroy me if I knew I was responsible for the death of my 7 month old child. How can you begin to compare a pizza to a child?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

easily. parents do not forget their child, they just do not remember that it is inside the car. in a same way one forgets the keys inside the car or leaves it with lights on and so on. for a moment the mind is elsewhere.

Feb 7, 2007
I am English and it would totally destroy me if I knew I was responsible for the death of my 7 month old child. How can you begin to compare a pizza to a child?

He is not comparing pizza to a child, for Christ's sake!

He is simply saying that when stress, overwork, tiredness, in today's hurry-hurry world, bad things can happen to anybody. I imagine the father was with his thoughts "in a different dimension" and simply forgot the child.

I go for a walking routine 5 times a week, and it frequently happens that my thoughts carry me away and the time passes so fast I do not even realize that I had already done my 3 rounds. When your thoughts carry you away, you can virtually forget about your surroundings, your environment, anything.

(And now, please go on and say how can i compare walking to a child...)

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Absolutely it's necessary - all you have to do is read the news to see how prevalent it is. Today's parents are distracted, multi-tasking, on cell phones, getting texts, etc. They don't do this on purpose, it's a terrible tragedy for everyone involved. It's often a parent who normally doesn't drive the child to daycare or wherever.

Experts recommend that anyone who has a small child/infant in the backseat leave their purse or briefcase in the back with the child, as an extra security measure/reminder.

Disagree entirely, no matter how seriously you want to compare this to forgetting to return a library book with tales of multitasking. If you forget you have your child in your car, you are a terrible parent. If you forget you had your child in your car for an extended time without remembering till you went back to the car, then you are a an utter fukcwitt, a terrible parent and should never have been allowed to be responsible for a child. If you forget you had your child in your car for an extended time, and returned to find the child dead then you are all of the above and should spend serious time in jail to help remind you of your responsability over your child.

No matter how you look at it you take on the responsibility when becoming a parent, and one of those is not to slow cook your child. Shame on any parent who has compassion or searches for excuses for those so preoccupied with themselves they can possibly forget thier own child is 12 inches away.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Its a shame, but as there is no intent I wouldn't use the term murder. I am sure that the whole family is suffering.

Have to put it out there. If there was any intent, this would be the perfect murder. How would you prove otherwise?

RIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but what the **** do you mean?

Whirley, don't take it out of context.

I am saying that, let's say what mongoose is not correct and there was intent, it would be very hard to prove otherwise.

There have been instances that a parent intended to commit murder. I am no way saying that this happened here. I just wanted to put it out there.

I can understand your frustration but using the **** word was uncalled for. I wrote nothing derogatory towards you.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Ys it's very sad, but it could happen to ANYONE

It could happen to you, to me, to anybody.

If you are a sh1t self obsessed parent then yes. Even when driving with my child in the car I drive differently, more cautious, totally aware more than anything that my child is with me, and so should all parents. If you reckon it could happen to anyone then, I guess your kids got lucky, and anyone who allowed you responsibility of thier children. Shocking!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I worked my way through college as a delivery driver. Once or twice out of thousands of deliveries I left a pizza bag on top of the car. Others drivers did it all the time. I know its a child not a bag of pizzas, but it is the same principle involved, rushing too much and not thinking . I am surprised that these tragedies don't occur more often. Dominicans have a strong belief in guardian angels and will believe that the baby is now an angel watching over the parents. I think this is why tragedies like these don't quite destroy them the way they do Americans and others.

Again, absolutely shocking comparrisson and openness about such a topic. Truly should have parenting tests before being allowed responsibilty, turns out more would fail miserably than I might have thought.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
easily. parents do not forget their child, they just do not remember that it is inside the car. in a same way one forgets the keys inside the car or leaves it with lights on and so on. for a moment the mind is elsewhere.

For a moment your mind might be drawn away from the attention of your child. But not for longer than a few seconds. You don't get out the fukcing car, check you got your phone, and keys in your hand and forget your child is in the car before locking it and walking away. Anyone who thinks this is just an error or slip of the mind most certainly should not be allowed pardntal responsability. But I don't think you are and so can be excused.:paranoid:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Nice to see your wonderful cheerful personality trolling on this thread as well. Unfortunately your statist ideology does not play well in most legal systems wherein intent is a large factor. In the Anglo-American system this goes back to case law which is ultimately based upon the Old Testament. Crimes with intent such as murder were punished with capital punishment. Crimes of negligence such as manslaughter allowed the guilty party to flee to a city of refuge. Maybe another generation or two we will have the totalitarian police state you desire, for now we still have some justice in this world based upon the origins of our laws.

Is trolling the deginition of constantly proving you talk utter tripe? If so then I am trolling big time pizza daddy!
You keep referring to sh1t you read. I never stated law, I stated just deserts.

Keep on living by the book pizza pappi, someones gotta get it all wrong!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Usually the elitists who speak like this also support all sorts of depraved values which they indoctrinate into their children. Keep trolling, you’re helping me get my post count up. Once I reach 500 I will tell you what I really think.

You're not even responding with any substance. You are using troll like Aguita uses sock puppet when there is no viable response.
Get to 500 does not give you any rights other than use of a forum where we have no sense of difference. So you are telling me now what you really think, and that is not much. I have a feeling we are on to another Miami500 or whatever he was called, but never mind.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Ok Sorry for the family.

RIP

We are done here...............

I will leave all the posts in tack as this is a very frustrating issue which is understandable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.