Excursions from Punta Cana ??

C

Cramden

Hi. Well, we booked for April at the Paradisus. Yahoo!!!! I wonder if someone could answer a few questions for me. Several people have said in their reports that there is so much to do at the Resorts in Punta Cana that you won't want to leave your resort. Well, if we do, what excursions would some of you recommend? I've read a little about Jeep tours. How are they and how much $$$. How about Deep Sea fishing from Punta Cana. Should I book it at the Hotel, or down at the Punta Cana Beach resort. Are they private charters, or are they Party Boats. What should we expect to pay for a morning or afternoon of fishing? What about shopping? I've heard there is a small shopping area near the Paradisus. Is there anywhere else that would be worthwhile to go to ? We went to Bali last year and brought back some beautiful wood carvings, which the Balinese are known for. What should we be on the lookout for in the D.R. besides Cigars(which I'll buy) and Amber. Are there many craftsmen around? Sorry for all of the questions, but I've found Travel forums to be the best form of information anywhere. You can be sure after my trip I'll repay this forum with any information we think may be of value.

Thanks again, Cramden

K

Karen

There is plenty of info at the various resorts. We just returned from The Barcelo Bravo Palace this week. Word of advice, do as much as you can. I regret not doing more excursions. Your tour guide at the resort can help you. We went through Apple Tours and had a very helpful guide. Word of advice on the cigars. My son did manage to get several "cuban" cigars back to the states and was informed that they are not "real" cuban cigars so be careful. Remember if it sounds to good to be true...then it is! These natives make a fortune off of the tourist so be careful. Good luck and have a great time! It is paradise for sure. Karen

DON'T drink the water!!

H

Heather

I just arrived back from Punta Cana on Wed. We went on 3 trips that we booked through Apple Vacations. The most fun was the Sanoa Island tour. You should really go one this one. We signed up for it because the Apple lady recommended it and it was by far the most fun. We also did the jeep tour. It was cool and gave us the oppurtunity to see more of what life is really like in the Dom Rep. If you have any questions, email me and I will try to answer them.