Expats - Dance Bachata?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Japanese girl is not very good. For one thing her pants are too big.

Not a bad dancer for a non Dominicana. It is not typical bachata they are dancing. It is more how the younger people dance bachata with the quick footwork. I prefer the typical because I am old.
They obviously didn't dress up for the video. I am sure they would dress up to go out.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
My wife and I love ballroom dancing and enjoy meringue very much. As far as bachata, I have the basic moves, but remain Gringo-esque.

meringue is the best danceing ...it is exciting and wonderful e z to learn,,, a few beers, a mujier senoirita and some music....hang on hold her tight move to her movements get involved...a leesson for all men to dance meringue

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
some of the best times in my life...holding on spinning around dancing to a beat i just learned...my feet hips (etc)going their own way which actually was the correct way....the women they know how to dance teach have fun
beneath the disco ball hanging on hips moving laughing eyes flashing cock erect hangin on and dancing correctly...lesson learnt...smilen, sat nite fever in santiago

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I think to dance any of these you are not counting steps, I know I don't.

But the emphasis on the line dance esq approach from gringos/as surely is the difference between native and foreign fluidity.

And I'd like someone to remember where earlier post was next time someone bangs on about there being a serious homophobic touch to DR. Never have I met a more sexually uncaring people, what you wear or how you dance. When it comes to fun, as long as you're smiling, that's all that's important. Bless em!!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I think to dance any of these you are not counting steps, I know I don't.

But the emphasis on the line dance esq approach from gringos/as surely is the difference between native and foreign fluidity.

And I'd like someone to remember where earlier post was next time someone bangs on about there being a serious homophobic touch to DR. Never have I met a more sexually uncaring people, what you wear or how you dance. When it comes to fun, as long as you're smiling, that's all that's important. Bless em!!

can u rephrase???

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Damn. Can't get it to load. "I Won't Dance, Don't Ask Me" with Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
You may be right...I am not good at counting while I am dancing but it feels like two steps to me (I don't do the tap neither, I use my hips). In fact, some times I don't even do these sides steps and follow the music. I dance in DR and NYC Dominican clubs and was never told something was wrong.

My fave is Merengue tipico anyway !!!

You are familiar with Las Terrenas area so perhaps you have enjoyed starting by afternoon drinking and dancing by the pool at Limon in one of the bars before moving on to town and dancing away at La Bodega.

Almost as good as La Campina between Piedra Blanca and Villa Altagracia on Duarte

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
Is there anywhere in SosuaVillas teaches baccarat and merengue? I quite fancy getting the basics sorted after 10 years here...

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk