Explosion in Santiago

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I think they can be resold as long as it's not later than their expiration date, which is clearly marked on the tank and is, I believe, twenty years from the date of manufacture. I guess after twenty years they'll be shipped to LRD. There are two types either 3000 psi or 3600 psi which would blow a propane tank to bits pretty quick.

thanks for clearing that up for me. i just seemed to remember something about restrictions on the resale of tanks.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Please come and let a HUGE ONE !
I just need one more reason to leave the DR, "Uninhabitable" sounds like a good one!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Why do you think I'm in Canada cipko lol

no, it happened in santiago, so the shock wave would have to travel from cibao all the way to the coast, knocking down trees and electricity poles. wait. what electricity poles? scratch that.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I doubt they are any more dangerous than gas tanks. One reads of them blowing up in accidents every onec in a while. I've passed cars burning at the side of the interstate several times from gas tank fires.
Der Fish

actually, Derfish, what i am saying is that natural gas is stored under pressures that are orders of magnitude higher than those of propane. if you try to pump natural gas into propane tanks, i can guarantee you that the results will be less than optimal. i can see Dominican shade tree mechanics attempting that exact feat,