Fall fares from NY or Boston....a little wacky?

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Interested in what folks are finding for fares from the northeast US to SDQ in late October thru New Years. There appeared to be a sub $350 roundtrip window that opened up in Sept 9th +/- lasting through mid Dec excluding Thanksgiving week. I booked such a flight for Sept 23rd to Santo Domingo. But hope to return to SDQ before years end as well....and now the stock market from h*ll last week seemed to push all fairs skyrocketing towards $500 and beyond for the fall....

Guesses? holidays will be high of course, but will we see some reasonable late fall fares return as we get closer....oil is dropping after all, ....wadya think?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I doubt it was the stock market. It was probably some turmoil at the FAA. I was looking when they were $300 roundtrip to Santiago and then the next day they were $332. That when I bought mine, 2 days later they were $454. Wait until after Labor dDay to look again.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Don't remember the dates but Spirit has some incredible flights 88+taxes Boston-STI Maybe a teeny bit more...

HB

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was trying Continental w/ pretty good success.... just now
I had Nov 17-Dec 2 or so for my wife at $450 all in

Last year we were always just under $400

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
So try Toronto to BOS and on with Spirit Air. They have a fare for certain days that I saw yesterday for $56.00 BOS to STI. It would be worth taking a bus down from Santiago to Santo Domingo, wouldn't it? Ya gotta be a club mumbler for that fare, and that is $59 a year. But check it out

Sometimes those bargins are just not worth it... I booked my sister into a flight into STI which I thought was going to be a real savings but the arrival and departure times were both around 2 AM so then there was the cost of a hotel..
.then the taxi to the hotel.. then... well, really.. you do not get ANY sleep when you arrive - or leave -- at that time..
so you have blown an entire day.
Plus the buses do not start til early AM.. and well,
you really actually honestly should have just sucked it up and paid the extra $100 and gone where you wanted to go to...

plus always be aware that many of the posted bargins on Spirit and Jet Blue (which I love) do not include the tax which is whopping.

Just booked a round trip SD NYC mid Sept $450... on JEt Blue.. that just always seems to the price that I end up with from here to either DC or NYC or BOS.. guess if I see a $700 fare, I simply do not fly

which I why I am not going to move to Argentina
that, and, of course,
they have winter there