Family Oriented Hotels In Santiago

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Hi and thanks for taking the time to read my post. Well, I am traveling down to Santiago with my family in December. We are 5 (my wife and three kids, one 6 six year old and two teenagers). I have been trying to find a hotel that's accommodating to families but can't seem to find anything except for Aparta Hotel Jardines Metropolitanos. And I am not that sold on that one. Does not look all that nice. Every nice hotel that I have come across seems set up for couples with maybe one child. Anything in Santiago or close by that will work for me? Also, any activities that will help me with my two teenagers will be great so don't hesitate to throw in some suggestions. Thank you in advance.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Jardines Metroplitanos is a nice budget hotel. Next door at the Gran Almarante is much nicer. Has a pool and a gym and an awesome breakfast bar.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Jardines Metroplitanos is a nice budget hotel. Next door at the Gran Almarante is much nicer. Has a pool and a gym and an awesome breakfast bar.

I understand that but they don't have family rooms. I don't like the Hotel Jardines Metropolitanos but it's the only one that has apartment style rooms for families. The other nice hotels have rooms for singles or couples with a child. The only way I can go around this is by renting to separate rooms and I really don't want to do that.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I am pretty familiar with the nicer hotels in Santiago, and I don't know any that would accommodate 5 to a room. You might consider renting a furnished apartment, plenty of those on the Internet even with daily rates. Good luck

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
I am pretty familiar with the nicer hotels in Santiago, and I don't know any that would accommodate 5 to a room. You might consider renting a furnished apartment, plenty of those on the Internet even with daily rates. Good luck

Ok. Well, can you lead me in the right direction with where I can find one of these furnished apartments? Any links? Thanks.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
You can check VRBO.com I think there are a couple there. Not a lot of short term rentals in Santiago.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Gran Almirante has suites on the top level that may fit your requirements but it'd be $500+ per night. Your best bet is to get a furnished apartment.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Santiago caters to business men. The only solution is to rent inter-connecting rooms. I would suggest Century Plaza on Rafael Vidal as the most economic ie around $(US)150 per night incl breakfast for 4.

There was a guy advertising on DR1 who had apartments in Santiago that he rented for a minimum 3 night stay.....this is from memory check the rentals page

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
has everyone forgotten the colonial in santi...they are low budget clean and always cater to groups, church, red cross etc..teams boy scouts campings...they have a penthouse which im sure can be ordered in advance,,,5th floor no elevator rooftop...probably only a fan but yell and u get a window unit...good food central to buses etc...