Farallon Rest. Cap Cana went the "Commercial Trap" route it seems...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
...went there today, we were charged 25 USD for 2 small Presidente and 2 refresco 300 ml each. Sad! Needless to say they won't see us again... Rant over.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They use the Dominican Business Model. No customers so bleed whoever does come. Place is empty most of the time.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
They did catch me by surprise.

The day we encountered it (we did not purchase anything that day) a while ago they showed us their menu and the dishes seemed to be priced very reasonable like 400 DOP for a Pasta dish etc. so I never expected the prices we were charged today for just a few drinks. Ridiculous.

There was a family eating there when we were there. Hope they did not rob them blind :D

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Maybe I wasn't clear. We went there like 2 month ago and took a menu with us. Dishes were in the range of 400 DOP. I never assumed the prices for drinks could be that high taking into account the prices on their menu.

So when we stopped by there yesterday I wasn't asking for the menu (maybe to find out about some changes meanwhile applied...) since we did not came there to eat at 3:30 PM.

Well, lesson learned.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Including tax and tip? Tax and tips here just disgusting! But you know that and usually no place here worth all that!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Operation obscure.

The operation of the Farallon is obscure. Its location on top and edge of the bluff allows one to overlook the whole expanse of Cap Cana and the ocean beyond. It is quite an awe. PJT has dined there on many ocassions during its early rise as a restaurant. Yet, for reasons unsaid it stopped operation and was dormant except for the posting of a guard. During the last two years it has been open for groups by appointment. Some weekends it has been open for the public but even then it has been fitful.

This restaurant location has the potential to become a must dine location. However, those in charge have not made the opportunity. :sleep:

Regards,

PJT