FDR or Naturopath availability in DR.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Lol, You of course are joking. You can search the entire hemisphere and you will not be able to find a physician that decided to become a naturopathic. The process for attempting to working around medical school and obtaining a medical degree (as in a MD)is nothing new. Entrance into medical school is extremely competitive for good reason. No legitimate med school is going to sully thier reputation with a naturopathic course.
Reading comprehension is still a problem for you.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Reading comprehension is still a problem for you.
education is a problem for many. Work arounds are a scam. Reminds me of an enlisted man wanting to become an Officer w/o attending an accredited college. All institutions have their prerequisites.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ok everyone enough...if you have information for the OP then please post it. No other comments are necessary.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
The only way a naturopathic could possibly be an M.D is by going to a medical school. If I had a diet situation, I would want to see a medical profession that is recognized a physician and can order lipid panels and discern the numbers. Not some person that is not allowed into a medical facility.
Just fyi Big, a Naturopathic can order lab work, x-rays, etc...and yes, they are allowed in a medical facility. Admitting privileges and being allowed in a medical facility are 2 different things. There are obviously reasons that the OP is asking for recommendations and that needs to be respected.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Last time...if you know of someone who can help the OP great, please post. If you do not know of anyone then do not bother posting. The OP did not ask for your opinions on whether a Naturopathic is an MD or not.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
You guys are the best!

From my experience, (30 years in the Medical Administration Field), 99.9% of those Doctors that went to Medical School, just want to prescribe meds and not get to the root of the cause.
Yes! If I'm injured, my insurance can pay for an ER visit. Broken bones, GSW, etc...
We have a Family Practitioner here in Georgia that is also very into alternative forms of treatment. It is our option to either ask him for the Allopathic treatment to our condition or the Homeopathic/Natural one. He prescribes meds to cover his steps. We are good with that.

My wife has lots of practical knowledge in Homeopathic medicine for our non-life threatening stuff. We would like to have someone in DR that is open to working with us as we get older.

I love the chatter though. Great content!

Reactions: JD Jones