Fees For Executing A Will

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I was quoted a price of $400 to write and execute a Will by an Attorney in Sosua but now she wants $700 which I won't pay beacause of the difference.

I would pay another attorney $400 if someone could recommend one or I was told I could provide a hand written will for $100.

Any suggestions on how to do the hand written version?

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Are you a permanent resident in DR with all your assets in-country? If not, consider getting it done in your home town, then get it translated and go see an apostillary, who is someone who will authenticate the document for a Hague Convention participating country, which the DR is.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Me and my MIL have English wills. I was told by a lawyer here to get a copy of it apostilled over there and sent over here... my other half has a problem as he doesn't have one.. She recommended that we have done in our own country as it is cheaper than here, even though we have all our assets here :(

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Well, with all of this said here and on the other thread, I don't get it...You can go online get a copy of an outlined will and fill it out, add to it or just create your own, have it notarized and your good to go..Why pay so much money for such a service?? If I were to blow my head off right now, I would do just that and its perfectly legal...Get it translated in Spanish for sure, and if your here in the DR or USA I would think is not relevant...Its written whom gets what and the Executive Admin if any is in charge to see your last wishes are carried out..I mean really..will you also need a power of Attorney too..

But hey! this is the DR, when money is involved its theirs!!!..sorry, we did not find a will on the premises..LOL

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Well, with all of this said here and on the other thread, I don't get it...You can go online get a copy of an outlined will and fill it out, add to it or just create your own, have it notarized and your good to go..Why pay so much money for such a service?? If I were to blow my head off right now, I would do just that and its perfectly legal...Get it translated in Spanish for sure, and if your here in the DR or USA I would think is not relevant...Its written whom gets what and the Executive Admin if any is in charge to see your last wishes are carried out..I mean really..will you also need a power of Attorney too..

But hey! this is the DR, when money is involved its theirs!!!..sorry, we did not find a will on the premises..LOL

Now you are giving legal advice?
I really think you need to stick to auto parts fellow.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Now you are giving legal advice?
I really think you need to stick to auto parts fellow.

And who are you to decide wether anyone can post their opinion on anything. By the way I am just writing this to get to 500 posts. If you don't like it have my post removed.