Fernando Tatis to play ball in San Pedro de Macoris game

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Fernando-Tatis-Jr-El-Nuevo-Diario-1024x685.png

The Estrellas Orientales report that Major League superstar Fernando Tatis Jr. will debut this coming Wednesday, 15 December 2023, at the Tételo Vargas Stadium in San Pedro de Macoris. The Estrellas will play the Escogido Lions from Santo Domingo. Both teams are tied for second place in the Dominican Professional Winter Baseball Championship 2023-24.

The last time Tatis Jr. played with the green team was in the 2020 Round Robin, when he played eight games, between the mini-playoff that the team won and the semifinal in which the team was eliminated.

The Estrellas are in second place. The standings for the six Dominican Professional Winter League Championship are:Gigantes del Cibao 24 games won, 17 lost; Estrellas Orientales 22-18, Leones del Escogido 22-18; Tigres del Licey 20-20; Aguilas Cibaeñas 16-23 and Toros del Este 16-24.

Read more in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I saw him play there in 2018. His dad was managing the team. I was much more interested in meeting his dad, the dude who hit 2 grannies in the same inning for the Cardinals back in 1999. Never been done before or after. Also, it was off the same pitcher.

Reactions: Lucifer

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I saw him play there in 2018. His dad was managing the team. I was much more interested in meeting his dad, the dude who hit 2 grannies in the same inning for the Cardinals back in 1999. Never been done before or after. Also, it was off the same pitcher.
Maybe you can throw the first pitch out Rob

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
And a record that will never be broken, as a batter would surely receive a pass if he comes up a third time with the bases loaded.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
And a record that will never be broken, as a batter would surely receive a pass if he comes up a third time with the bases loaded.
On second thought, considering that baseball is a game of respect, the opposing team might interpret a third at bat by the same batter as an affront and... deliberately clock him on the noggin. Still, no third grand salami.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro