Finally, a cruise ship originating from santo domingo

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Ccccc the only place you can find to take a lode off so to speek is philipsburg and may be antigua . And you defenatly need a visa to get in to philipsburg( sxm ) . Lots of santo domings's finest in sxm . You can get visas for sxm you just need to know people . There are lot's of jobs in hotels & restronts for dom girls . Any way the cruse sounds fun but i well be bizzy cooking for some rich dude .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From what I can see there are conflicting statements made as to if a Dominican citizen will needs visas to visit the various ports of call. I suspect that they will indeed need visas, but await the answer of someone who actually knows.

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Great!

Cruises to Cuba should be possible if the ship does not go to US ports. Alos non US passengers who had thought about Miami as the crruise origin can now avoid the US immigration/visa hastle.

pi2

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Great!

Cruises to Cuba should be possible if the ship does not go to US ports. Alos non US passengers who had thought about Miami as the cruise origin can now avoid the US immigration/visa hassle pi2

Out of Santo Domingo.......WHERE AND WHEN.......

B in Santiago

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR

Yes, but they are basically all to the same places....where a British Visa and more are necessary....
I am referring to the cruises from here to Cuba which you stated was available......
As you state in your post #26......
Not being a smart a$$, would really like the info because I have searched.....

B in Santiago

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
I said ,Cruises to Cuba should be possible, I do not know of any at present. Sorry.

pi2

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Yes, but they are basically all to the same places....where a British Visa and more are necessary....
I am referring to the cruises from here to Cuba which you stated was available......
As you state in your post #26......
Not being a smart a$$, would really like the info because I have searched.....

B in Santiago

Thats on his solar powered cruise ship.......

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
No known solar powered cruises from DR. Although I believe a wind powered cat sails to Saona island.

Hovever if this is your line of country travel to another island and cruise from there.......

Special cruises:

Fourth Annual IWJ Anniversary Rum Cruise, December 14-20, 2012

Island Windjammers Caribbean Cruise Specials

pi2

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Pi2 should have lived in the 1700s.
Everything was "Sustainable then!
Sailing ships used the Wind!
The sun kept us warm.
We ate what we caught.
Hey,I think I know where he came from.
I just wonder if his "Time Machine" is Solar Powered????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
As happy a man as any in the world, for the whole world seems to smile upon me!"
- Samuel Pepys

( managed to be happy in the 17th. century. - what has happened? )

1633-1703

pi2

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
How did he manage to be happy without a shopping mall or two? We will never know.

And all that crass architecture that existed at the time....

Kings_college_chapel.jpg

Still in good order 500 + years after it was built.

pi2

Crytonb99

Jan 25, 2010
HaHa - two go missing on Tortola, British Virgin Islands.........

Police inquire into whereabouts of cruise ship visitors | BVI News

This is true. I live here.

Back to the topic at hand. I'm from the British Virgin Islands. Road Town is the capital. That is the main town on the island of Tortola. Our islands are made up of more than 60 islands and cays. Tortola, Virgin Gorda, Anegada and Jost Van Dyke are the main islands Dominicans need a British Visa to come here.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So, it seems that very few Dominicans will be taking these cruises from Santo Domingo.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I was booked on a cruise a few years ago from Santo Domingo with my husband and kids (Dominican). It was marketed as a visa free cruise. The week before we were due to go I think it was around 15 Dominicans jumped ship in Martinique or Guadaloupe. They subsequently insisted on visas which we didnt have time to get and therefore had to cancel. There is a whole thread about it somewhere on here. The problem is that is is hard to get information, such as could we go and stay on the ship? My husband had a UK and US visa so as the kids were under 18 we asked if we could guarantee them? No one knew anything, not the travel agent nor the cruise company. The options were to cancel or turn up and hope they let us on, and if not lose the money.

Matilda

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
How many passengers will jump ship in these ports?

Philipsburg, Netherlands Antilles
Fort De France, Martinique
Pointe-a-pitre, Guadeloupe

St John S, Antigua And Barbuda
Road Town, British Virgin Islands

Lots of Dominicans "working girls" in Martinique and Guadeloupe.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Noche buena on a ship??? Not for me! I want to be "en el campo comiendo puerco y bebiendo ron"!!!