Finally, good homemade pizza

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Originally Posted by cobraboy
Where can you find REAL honest-to-god Eye Talian Sausage?

National has American made Johnsonville Italian Sausage, both hot and sweet in the frozen food isle.
There ya go.

Thanks. Next trip to Nacional, sausage and wild rice...

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Corn??? You put corn on a PIZZA!!!!????????

One thing I never get used to here. Nobody likes corn more than me, but I can't handle it on a pizza.. yyeeeeeech.

Pizzarelli's multi meats pizza is my favorite.

Not to hijack the thread but how about corn in hot dogs?? I love it :D

B

BettyDiamond

"Believe it or not, American?s eat 75 acres of pizza a day."
Boyd Matson, TV journalist

I beleive it ! someone should invent a pizza with wings and ribs

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I beleive it ! someone should invent a pizza with wings and ribs

Shuffle off to Buffalo!

2caaf9.jpg

Aug 21, 2007
I bought a pizza stone and brought it down to the DR (heavy weight in my luggage, but worth it...). When available, I buy at Playero Betty Crocker (I think..maybe Pillsbury) pizza crust mix.

Pepperoni isn't the same in the DR. Nor is sausage. I bought in the U.S. Italian sausage seasoning. (www.penzeys.com- check it out for all sorts of seasonings, I recommend it.) Then, I buy ground pork at the butcher's in the DR. When cooked with the seasoning, it tastes identical to Italian sausage. (And, yes, I also have tried the Johnsonville Italian sausage, which is good, but fatty.)

U.S. pepperoni is also different. To those of us who cherish a U.S. pizza, we need imported pepperoni. Bring it down!

Got to have imported mozzarella cheese. (PriceSmart or Kraft grated at Playero.) That is the problem with local pizzas.... the mozzarella isn't right. Also, the seasoning isn't right. It needs more garlic and oregano.

Use spaghetti sauce mixed with any other veggies- even corn if that trips your trigger.

Assemble it. Bake it on high heat on the grill with the preheated pizza stone.

Result? The very best gourmet-type pizza you could ever imagine.

Yum!

Lindsey