Finally we have an interview date

maryhopefull

Mar 16, 2009
Hi everyone! I have some good news we finally got our interview date, it is on December 17, and we are so nervouse I have been reading past posts and have found many people were denied. The thing that scares me is that espesific name of the CIC agent that does interviews SM and she is the one doing our case, she will probably interview my husband and Im a little worried. Does anyone else have an interview this date? And can anyone give me some advise on what to do how to prepare and how to calm down:surprised anything helps, and thank you to everyone on this site you have all been helpfull to me thankyou
ps sorry for the long letter

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good luck. There have been many that have also been approved by the same agent so don't focus on the negative and don't pass on the negatives to your spouse.

maryhopefull

Mar 16, 2009
Do you think I should go to the interview? would it make a big difference It is almost impossible for me to go I have a new job but I can move mountains if necessary

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
you should definately go to the interview - I went and think it shows we're unified - and I had SM for an interviewer - she's good - very direct but was never rude or mean to us and she answered all our questions and asked if i needed to speak with her. PM me if you have questions!

all the best - you will do great!!!!!

Cantaloulou

Feb 19, 2008
interview, can be accompanied?

Should my boyfriend get called for an interview, it would be possible for me to be there with him (if I can travel to DR on that date)? Really, I had no clue...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm hoping others will verify this but the sponsor being in the DR for the interview, going to the Embassy with your spouse/BF, doesn't mean you are allowed in the same room while the applicant is being interviewed.

maryhopefull

Mar 16, 2009
Yes Anna is wright from all I know you can not enter the room while he is being interviewed but you can wait with him in the waiting room. Just for support thats what Im donig.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
just to clarify - no you can't go in with them - they are on their own - I went for support - but the interviewer did ask my husband if there was anything i needed to ask them at the conclusion of the interview - but we had a yes - so we high-tailed it out of there! ha-ha!
good luck all!

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I have heard that at the end many times they ask if there is something that the spouse would like to add but sometimes not. I know one woman who demanded she talk to the officer and she got their denial changed. If you can go - do it!!! It can't hurt!