fingers crossed for hubby coming to england

clarkeyl

Aug 8, 2008
Well im back from DR this morning:disappoin Hubby applied for visa on line on friday 17/10/2008 got his first interview in Santo Domingo this Thursday!!! 24/10/08 im now hearing this will only be for him to drop all his documents off which will be forwarded to somewhere in america then returned back to Santo Domingo with a reply of yes or no:ermm: which could take up to 15 working days.......:( will keep u all posted on time line for coming to UK

clarkeyl

Aug 8, 2008
i dunno After 11 January, applicants will be required to lodge their applications on-line, pay the visa fee on-line and arrange an appointment at the British Embassy in Santo Domingo on-line to deposit their paper copy of their application form, passport, supporting documents, and to have their fingerscans taken. From 16 January onwards, during their pre-booked appointments, each applicant should present their application form, passport, original supporting documents with copies, along, where possible, with English translations. Documents will then be forwarded to a new dedicated regional visa centre at the British Consulate General in New York, where the application will be processed and a decision taken. Once the decision has been taken on whether a visa should be issued, an applicant's passport and documents will be returned to the British Embassy in Santo Domingo for collection by the applicant

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
clarkeyl, that is correct, i have just got a visa for my wife, your husband may also receive a phone call from the consulate, and will ask him many questions ( in english!)
good luck.
PM me if you need any more info