First investigative visit in April

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Retirement

We made the retirement move to Cabarete last year. Feel free to pm with any questions.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Without investing the time, like Susan & her husband, you might get lucky in your choice

I believe:
--there are no coincidences in life and that EVERYthing happens for a reason---that life is a TOLL road and not a "free way"-

(Can you tell I'm a motivational speaker? see PositiveZone.net )

I checked out every on-line property listing and read every post on this enormously helpful forum because knowledge is power--- So when we arrived in Las Terrenas, I already knew we'd found our place--

Anyway...it's 28 degrees(f) and snowing here in Louisville and I wish I were in LT right now!!

Thanks again for everyone's good wishes!
Susan

TandMZ

Feb 21, 2008
Now that is sensible. 5 years of visiting, researching, chatting to residents etc & you'll have a very good base on which to make a decision. I'll look out for your future posts to see if there's anything useful I can contribute. :)

Thanks Lambada. I'll be looking forward to your input.

Mar 2, 2008
Even if you eventually decide on another location as a permament retirement home, buying a good investment propery, at a good price, is not a bad idea. Of course, only you can decide how liquid you want your resources to be. Sometimes it takes years of research and fact-finding, and other times it is just the luck of the draw. It sounds as if you have a good handle on how you want to proceed. Do what is best for you, using your own style of decision-making. I have found the people who post here to be honest and sincere. I have seen few, if any, shills. Take what they have to say to heart, but ultimately we all have to decide what is best for ourselves based on our own instincts. Good luck to you, and I hope you find what you are looking for.