First Meeting of Political Consultations between the Dominican Republic and Jamaica

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
RD-y-Jamaica-Rn-Consultas-Politicas-SD-1-MIREX-1024x583.png

The government of Jamaica is working to strengthen diplomatic and trade relations within the northern Caribbean, reports the Jamaica Observer. Senator Kamina Johnson Smith, who is the Jamaican Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, made an official visit to the Dominican Republic last week.

As reported, she signed a framework agreement with her counterpart Foreign Relations Minister Roberto Alvarez to cement a partnership that promises cooperation across multiple sectors of mutual interest.

“The signing of this agreement marks a deliberate step toward fortifying and expanding cooperation across a spectrum of pivotal sectors – bolstering political collaboration; catalysing trade and investment; enriching educational and cultural interactions; sharing expertise and technology to boost agricultural production and food security; as well as...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
With Jamaica being one of the most technological advanced countries in the region this is huge step forward for the DR.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
With Jamaica being one of the most technological advanced countries in the region this is huge step forward for the DR.
This is why I remain teachable. Here I was thinking Jamaica was a smelly pile of sand where an 83% unemployed demographic sat around smoking ganja and sacrificing small animals. I guess we've come a long way from Hedonism where was that Montego Bay