First mural in th new school - what do you think?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The Artist, Juan Bravo has an Art Gallery/bar/restaurant next across rom the Shell gas station when you first come down the hill into Jarabacoa. There are a number of different Artist's works displayed there ( many are very talented). I have no artistic talent but I know what I like and also a bit of knowledge through osmosis ( my first wife was an Artist and illustrator).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
out of the ordinary for a school, don't you think? interesting concept. i like it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I love it Bob, reminds me of the murals on buildings in Philadelphia, and parts of Brooklyn.

Tambo is right, invite some local artists to contribute their designs, it works in other cities around the world.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
out of the ordinary for a school, don't you think? interesting concept. i like it.

Well it's the entrance, so it demands something more dramatic. The classrooms will be more child centric - butterflies, rainbows....etc. The shape of the wall makes for a natural frame and we had a sketch beforehand but it certainly didn't do justice to the finished product.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I love it Bob, reminds me of the murals on buildings in Philadelphia, and parts of Brooklyn.

Tambo is right, invite some local artists to contribute their designs, it works in other cities around the world.

We have a big wall surrounding the school that is divided by columns so yes that is an excellent suggestion.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Wow...fantastic....I wish more schools would do this..it would also help to teach children to appreciate and even practice the arts. Very inspiring

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Well it's the entrance, so it demands something more dramatic. The classrooms will be more child centric - butterflies, rainbows....etc. The shape of the wall makes for a natural frame and we had a sketch beforehand but it certainly didn't do justice to the finished product.

well, i meant that it looks like a patriotic painting and they are quite common. only that a normal school has some busted pictures of duarte and mariposas after facial burns and reconstructive surgery using papier mache and silly putty. in other words, damn fugly :) this mural is different in style and looks simply fantastic. good art. job well done.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
well, i meant that it looks like a patriotic painting and they are quite common. only that a normal school has some busted pictures of duarte and mariposas after facial burns and reconstructive surgery using papier mache and silly putty. in other words, damn fugly :) this mural is different in style and looks simply fantastic. good art. job well done.

Well , we had seen plenty of the artist's work and are personal friends so we let trusted him to give us something different but really nice. He does amazing nudes but those wouldn't have been appropriate.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Well , we had seen plenty of the artist's work and are personal friends so we let trusted him to give us something different but really nice. He does amazing nudes but those wouldn't have been appropriate.

Is that his work @ F.O.D.?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
We have a big wall surrounding the school that is divided by columns so yes that is an excellent suggestion.

I love the painting, the colours are great.

Maybe some ideas from the kids, for the wall paintings. It could help promotes pride in the school.