First Round - Friday's Games

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
toneloc24 said:
Like anyone was watching....LOL!!!

Oh, you're REAL funny, aren't you? LOL Mind you, I don't blame Americans for not wanting to watch such a disgrace to their team.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
trina said:
Oh, you're REAL funny, aren't you? LOL Mind you, I don't blame Americans for not wanting to watch such a disgrace to their team.

Well, I had the USA-Canada game on, but wasn't following along until it was like 6-0 Canada. I saw the inside the park homer. And, yes, the USA team that was fielded that day, was truly lacking. A disgrace? I wouldn't go that far.

I think what Canada did was exactly what other teams was hoping would not happen. They woke up the sleeping giant. Now this team will play to its capabilities and dominate. South Africa is just batting practice. Roger Clemens will pitch 5 innings on less than 60 pitches.

Korea and Japan surely didn't want to walk into this massacre to follow. Blame Canada!!!

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
It seems everyone who played, except the rocket.... was wearing ice pack's after the game.:surprised

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Musicqueen said:
Sorry...USA is not the first one with the mercy rule...that went to the Netherlands...they beat Panama 10-0 already!

MQ

Shairon Martis has thrown the first no-hitter in World Baseball Classic history, getting a double play with one out in the seventh against the last batter he could face, and the mercy rule was implemented at that point with the Netherlands beating Panama, 10-0

This guy is 18 years old! what a prospect, and at least one win. From now on full support for the DR! Let's make it an 18-0 against the ozzies ;)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Trina, my dear friend...

trina said:
Where were all you play-by-players when Canada was winning against the US? ;)

I was at work that day...and REALLY busy with some kind of bullsh** that needed inmediate attention...or I would have posted the play by play...:rolleyes:

BUT...that's what you're here for:cheeky: ...YOU should have been keeping score...and letting us know about it...;)

I don't mind...I don't think the US is going very far anyway...and they deserve it...for being so damn proud all the time...I know...flame on...let me have it...I don't care, it's my opinion and I have the right to have one...

On another note about the WBC, I'm always arguing with some Cuban pri** about the Cuban National Team, and them not deserving to be here or even winning...they claim they are showing now they can't beat a Major League Team...I disagree...totally...I think they have talent and may be a good surprise to all unbelievers...what do you guys think?

MQ

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Musicqueen said:
I was at work that day...and REALLY busy with some kind of bullsh** that needed inmediate attention...or I would have posted the play by play...:rolleyes:

BUT...that's what you're here for:cheeky: ...YOU should have been keeping score...and letting us know about it...;)

I don't mind...I don't think the US is going very far anyway...and they deserve it...for being so damn proud all the time...I know...flame on...let me have it...I don't care, it's my opinion and I have the right to have one...

On another note about the WBC, I'm always arguing with some Cuban pri** about the Cuban National Team, and them not deserving to be here or even winning...they claim they are showing now they can't beat a Major League Team...I disagree...totally...I think they have talent and may be a good surprise to all unbelievers...what do you guys think?

MQ

Hi honey! I was at work, too. I only knew the score because Angel kept calling me, killing himself laughing. In total and complete honesty, as a Canadian, we expected nothing from our team. It surprised the h*ll out of me when they won the game. They gave us much more than we could've ever asked out of them. They didn't deserve to advance because the two best teams SHOULD advance. Canada wasn't one of them. Just between the two of us (our little secret ;) ), I am hoping the US does well, because I think it will be good for the prospect of having future WBC tournaments if the US does well. You know, media and all that.

I was very surprised that Cuba did so poorly against Puerto Rico. There was some talk that the Cubans wanted to leave before the game because there was so much cr*p talking going on between Cuba and PR. This surprises me, since PR was a big supporter to allow Cuba to play. That being said, I wish Cuba would've done better, and would like to see them play other teams to see how well they can do.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
easygoin said:
We all choose to forget.:D

BTW... best gun ever......JIM SUNDBERG.

:cool: I don't blame you.

From watching highlights, and from my husband's recollection, Sundberg had to have been amazing in his prime. He was a little before my time, being that during his best seasons, I would've only been between the ages of 5-10. Oops. Better not get on the topic of catchers again ;) .

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Thanks

trina said:
:cool: I don't blame you.

From watching highlights, and from my husband's recollection, Sundberg had to have been amazing in his prime. He was a little before my time, being that during his best seasons, I would've only been between the ages of 5-10. Oops. Better not get on the topic of catchers again ;) .

Being young and smart never heard anybody.;)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Musicqueen said:

MQ

Well, well, well,.....look who's back in the baseball threads--Musicqueen.

I sent you a very nice PM which you did not reply to. If you want, I can post it here for everyone to see.

Like I said, in these baseball threads, nobody is right and nobody is wrong. We are all here to share our opinions.