first time trip to the north coast

annaken skywalker

Jan 4, 2013
I will be traveling through the north coast area in a few weeks and have some questions for the folks here who have been.

Any recommendations for places to stay for a guy on a budget? I really just need somewhere to sleep, near the ocean is preferred.

Is there a bus that goes from las terrenas to puerto plata? I would like to stop in a few towns along the way. Is renting a car in las terrenas an option?

Any and all recommendations or advice about the area is welcome! Thanks in advance :) This website has already been very resourceful

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
If you're going to LT check out the Del Mar Neptuna and tell Suzzanne I said hello and will see her in a few months.

annaken skywalker

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks for you replies and PMs! I want to start in LT and perhaps rent a car and make my way up to POP. Honestly though, if I am having a great time in LT, I would have not issue staying there the entire time :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
las terrenas cannot compare to the carnage of one night in sosua. you need to reserve one day. you can visit POP and caberete by day and sosua at night. stay at rocky's as suggested.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Thanks for you replies and PMs! I want to start in LT and perhaps rent a car and make my way up to POP. Honestly though, if I am having a great time in LT, I would have not issue staying there the entire time :)

When I get to LT I never want to leave.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
las terrenas cannot compare to the carnage of one night in sosua. you need to reserve one day. you can visit POP and caberete by day and sosua at night. stay at rocky's as suggested.

I am fairly sure The OP is bringing her own sand to the beach.