Five Gallon Drinking Water - Improvement

Aug 21, 2007
Filtering water is not enough. RO plus UV for city water is necessary to remove the microbes. RO + RV is expensive imported and 2x that if bought locally. Total cost of ownership includes hardware, install and maintenance. Was not right for me.

Actually, what I have is the UV system. The water in our entire project is filtered. Then, when it comes to my kitchen, it goes through the UV system. Thanks for the correction.

Lindsey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Actually, what I have is the UV system. The water in our entire project is filtered. Then, when it comes to my kitchen, it goes through the UV system. Thanks for the correction.

Lindsey

Filtering and UV won't remove the toxic chemicals, if present in the water, that reverse osmosis would remove. For example, let's say the water had some salt content, filtering and UV treatment would not remove that salt.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
You think Cascada (or whoever your water company is) actually has a UV filter? And that they actually change the filters when they're supposed to?

Replacing commercial RO filters begins at $1000, depending on the size of the facility. They wouldn't be making any money if they were on top of that, especially not while selling 5 gallons to colmados for 20 pesos.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Sasino is Canadian owned. I stopped into the plant in Sosua and it's just like the pictures on the website.

I'm happy with their water, the delivery service and the price. I love no bottle deposits.
No expensive filters to replace every 6 months. No UV lamps to change out. I'm a renter so a major water system upgrade isn't in the cards here if I was so inclined.

Ask me what UV does to the microbes in your drinking water and I'll tell you...only if you really want to know.