Five More Years to stop electricity theft

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Here in Gazcue, the power company has "invested" in changing all the meters to locked boxes to prevent people from wiring into other peoples meters, i guess.

Meanwhile,on the other side to the city, there are entire barrios with no meters at all--- a friend was complaining that there was only light in evenings, and so it was hard to work.. but then she never pays a bill since there are no meters at all in her neighborhood.

I know that we are on a sliding scale here but it would seem logical that everyone should pay for electricity and the government can give out cards or something for those who cannot afford it........

I do like the sliding scale of billing, though, think that would be a good idea to implement in the States.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
If he's given the tools he needs to accomplish this, mainly law enforcement powers, then he stands a chance. But will the power-politico system play ball?

Agreed, but there is also a problem and that is the outreagous rates the generators bill for their electricity. There should be a way to cheapen the KW/hr generated in the DR, because as it is now it is really high.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Meanwhile,on the other side to the city, there are entire barrios with no meters at all--- a friend was complaining that there was only light in evenings, and so it was hard to work.. but then she never pays a bill since there are no meters at all in her neighborhood.

I don't know about the SD barrios, but there are no meters where our house is in Najayo Beach. That doesn't make it free - we pay a fixed amount every month. If we don't pay it, they send someone out to disconnect the service.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
It's hard to fathom that someone thought it was more important to build a US$1B subway than to solve the electricity problem. I mean, for $1B, you could have paid off all debts, installed all pre-paid meters, and upgraded all generators and distribution lines.

I am sure at least 1/2 billion went right into their slimy pockets! They are only interested in stealing.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
If he's given the tools he needs to accomplish this, mainly law enforcement powers, then he stands a chance. But will the power-politico system play ball?

Even with stiff law enforcement and harsh penalties, if the cost of electricity is too high for the average person to pay, the stealing will continue.

All of this talk about punishing or forcing the poor to pay escalating electricity costs reminds me of those arrogant words spoken by Marie Antoinette, ?Let them eat cake?; we all know how that story ended. :dead:

I agree there are many inefficiencie$ with the system, but I am sure it can all be traced back to high price of importing the fuel to run the electric generators. Attacking this problem should involve improving the efficiency of DR?s oil refining process and decreasing refined fuel imports, for which DR pays top dollar.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
edeeste

I have signed up for email notification from Edeeste--- they send my bill that way. Now they also send me a notice that I have three days to pay until they cut off my electricity...... (because there appears to be no way to give them a security deposit)

ok, so I have been busy etc etc.... so I then go to the web page to set up automatic payments with a credit card... but then Firefox sends me this incredibly scary message that they cannot verify this site... NO WAY.. and so I am not going to send my cc number over this server..

Anyone know why EdEESTE cannot get a verification as a secure site from Firefox?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I have signed up for email notification from Edeeste--- they send my bill that way. Now they also send me a notice that I have three days to pay until they cut off my electricity...... (because there appears to be no way to give them a security deposit)

ok, so I have been busy etc etc.... so I then go to the web page to set up automatic payments with a credit card... but then Firefox sends me this incredibly scary message that they cannot verify this site... NO WAY.. and so I am not going to send my cc number over this server..

Anyone know why EdEESTE cannot get a verification as a secure site from Firefox?

Firefox would deem any site not US based as not verified, don't be scared. Although it is a bad idea to set up automatic payments with Ede Este, you never know how much they are going to bill you and you cannot stop them once you find out.