Followup to two previous threads

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
.    LOL!   Triple? Sometimes it can be 10X the economy price! But it’s not fake news.......some people ARE crazy enough to pay that. 

As for me, the expression “I’ve never paid for it in my life!” comes to mind. :)-) I’m fortunate enough to have been top two tiers (Platinum/1K) in the United frequent flyer program for the last 10+ years. During that period I’ve been upgraded to First on every single flight to the Caribbean for free (they call it a “CPU” Complimetary Premier Upgrade).

It helps that the DR is primarily a tourist route. Very few business travelers to compete with for the CPU’s. On heavy business routes in the US (hub to hub) the limited amount of free upgrades usually go to the “secret” level elite flyers above me (they’re called “GS” for Global Services” and the qualification criteria is unpublished.). 

Precisely.

miguel james

Nov 6, 2012
Glad to see that I am not the only one that notice that health people using the wheelchair scam. The funny thing is that most of these people are called fist anyway other than the fist class group. Got to love it!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I find that jaunts of three hours or less are not worth the asking price, but a compensated upgrade is a separate tale. Any journey that lasts four hours or longer requires the upgrade, and is well worth the expenditure. Then again, to each their own.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Glad to see that I am not the only one that notice that health people using the wheelchair scam. The funny thing is that most of these people are called fist anyway other than the fist class group. Got to love it!

That overhead bin space is precious when you fly coach. You are not guaranteed the spot above your aisle, and if it doesn't fit, it gets checked.