Food places

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Long story short I will be staying a night or 2 in SD--- toque de quede and all.

Bright side is I will take a bus down and save myself from going crazy driving in traffic.

Anyhow, I am staying near Pianiti (sp?), and was wondering if anybody has some good tips for some "western" style dinning---- may as well indulge myself when I am down there 😝.

I did google, but was looking for some " boots on the ground" feedback.

I am looking for a nice breakfast place, and a lunch place. I have other plans for dinners, sadly.

Thanks all.

Reactions: Carl.L

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Cruise over to Wendy's for breakfast and call it a day. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Kricke87

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Just Googling Piantini restaurants will give a long list.

Last time I stayed in SD ( years ago, and only because I was forced to 😆) that's what I did.

We tried some US chains that I had never heard of, and I was very disappointed.

Jan 9, 2004
In no particular order or price range:

Meson de la cava

El Conuco

Villar Hermanos

And one of my favorite go to places......Vizcaya ( in existence since the late 1950's)

Note: None are in Piantini..............or priced like they are in Piantini.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: malko

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
La Dolcerie on Rafael Augusto Sánchez has some decent western style breakfast options. Around like 300-400RD.
Julieta on Mejía Ricart as well.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The problem is many of the best restaurants don't open until noon. For breakfast I would head to the Hilton. The restaurant there serves great breakfast.

Reactions: JD Jones
Jan 9, 2004
The problem is many of the best restaurants don't open until noon. For breakfast I would head to the Hilton. The restaurant there serves great breakfast.
Good point on the restaurant hours of operation.

Concurring on the Hilton (Embassy Suites), but also adding The Dominican Fiesta hotel breakfast which I like better. Both however are a bit pricey if not staying at the hotel............but the buffet selection for both is outstanding and worth it IMHO.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Good point on the restaurant hours of operation.

Concurring on the Hilton (Embassy Suites), but also adding The Dominican Fiesta hotel breakfast which I like better. Both however are a bit pricey if not staying at the hotel............but the buffet selection for both is outstanding and worth it IMHO.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I stayed at the Embassy Suites last time in SD ( a few years ago ) and breakfast was just OK.

Price wise, though the whole stay was a steal.
They had free drinks and finger-food from 1700 to 1900 to compensate for the fact that they didn't have a restaurant for dinning yet.
Kind of crazy.
And the rooms were nice.
Pool was cool too, it's up on a higher floor-- can't remember which floor. ( As opposed to ground floor ) .

I don't think they ever had a guest who went around in carro publicos before me, lol.
I became " the guy who takes publicos " 😆😆

Reactions: Auryn
Jan 9, 2004
I stayed at the Embassy Suites last time in SD ( a few years ago ) and breakfast was just OK.

Price wise, though the whole stay was a steal.
They had free drinks and finger-food from 1700 to 1900 to compensate for the fact that they didn't have a restaurant for dinning yet.
Kind of crazy.
And the rooms were nice.
Pool was cool too, it's up on a higher floor-- can't remember which floor. ( As opposed to ground floor ) .

I don't think they ever had a guest who went around in carro publicos before me, lol.
I became " the guy who takes publicos " 😆😆

I prefer the Dominican Fiesta but stay at the Hilton and use my rewards points. Pool is on the 5th floor.

Try the Fiesta for breakfast......but do splurge and take a taxi comfortable with Apollo.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
SBG Cafe, La Cassina, Peperoni SDQ, SBG Sophia, Centro Gastronómica, many nice food places in the area.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Loretta Cafe Bistro, Calle Victor Garrido Puello 16 is a really nice place with a diverse menu

I stopped off at Loretta's, like mid-afternoon.

Very nice place. I enjoyed the terrace. Service is good and the food was nice.

Not even that pricey considering the setting and all. ( I may be biased as back home eating out is expensive ).

An appetizer, a dessert and 2 drinks was something like 1300 pesos.

Thanks again for that lovely suggestion.