Food prices

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and the whole chicken was nicely cleaned but they put back inside liver, heart and stomach. i fried the liver for me, stomach and heart go for the doggies. i also think the price was ok. the thing is we only buy like this every now and then. i then prepare the meat, put it on small trays and freeze. if you only want one piece of chicken it makes no sense to go separately to the pollero. you spend time and petrol. granted, the taste is different but not sure how important that is for some...

notice i never put the prices of viveros. we have a small yard with platanos, rulos and bananas. we also get some of that (and yuka and batatas) from my in law's farm. i have never had to pay. in addition we also get some other surprising goodies like geese eggs :) i made some for breakfast today.

it is great to have a family in the campo. you get all sorts of fresh stuff either gratis or at low cost. we sometimes buy milk from my in law's workers too. i use it to make my own cheese. 100 pesos per gallon and it's the milk americans would, apparently, kill for :)

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Like you,I also get most of my veggies from my garden and there's nothing like fresh herbs!