For Guys Only!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I know!

Nal0whs said:
When it comes to getting ready, I'm done in a few minutes like any guy anywhere.

Now that I think about it, I really don't know what women do that takes so much time!

Let's see, putting on a dress, some makeup, perfume, last touches on the hair, picking the right shoe, ah, that has to be it, the shoes especially with my fiance.
I am just the same. When it comes to getting ready, I am done in a few minutes. Not long ago I was wating for my ex (yes, as of a few weeks, she is just an ex now), I timed her and it took her almost 2 hours to get ready(after the shower). Me, 8 minutes, not including the shower. Another ex, she got the "award" as the most slow person on God's green earth, she took about 4 hours to get ready!!.

Every single female that I know, they ALL take forever to get ready. Again, they use ALL the excuses in the book.

gsupa: Why do you say that JDJones has no class?. I guess that you do not understand all the "sufferings" that us guys had been put through. It has been HELL for us since God "invented" Adam and Eve!. It went downhill for us guys from then on, :cry: .

A few years back, I got so sick and tired of wating ALL the darn time, that I ended up just telling her that "from now on we will meet" at the place that I was taking her. Even that did not work because instead of waiting at her house, now I was sitting at a restaurant, like a moron, wating for hours.

And what about when my daughter and Jenny were visiting me at the same time a few weeks back and I wanted to take them both out?. See, now you know why I have no black hair left!!. Pure insane!.

jackquontee

May 20, 2005
An Islander thing?

Folks, I ran across this thread and found it hilarious. I, too, am extremely punctual as I think it shows some respect and courtesy to whomever it might be that is waiting for me. I have some real horror stories but just a quick one.

My youngest son's mother (my ex) was notorious for making me wait. When we were dating she would ask me to come by her house, say, on a Thursday at 5pm. I would go and sit out in my car for 1 to 1 1/2 hours waiting for her to show up. When she'd finally show up she'd be smiling as if it were the funniest thing in the world. The same thing with going out. And, this would be in the dead of winter in New England!

After many, many times, I decided that if we were going somewhere or I was to meet her some place and she didn't show or wasn't ready, I left. And, I've never felt the least bit bad about it.

Now, what I find interesting is that she is Cape Verdean. Lateness seems to run rampant among this group as well. I've come to accept this as a fact. However, I refuse(d) to allow myself to adopt this bad habit as a habit of my own. In my opinion it is extremely rude.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
I think its a girl thing. thats all there is too it. Although i am usually on time someimtes i can get carried away. But when you are going out most girls want to look good they want people to notice them, they want to impress that special person they are going out with.But it does get irritating especiallay if they are always late. Unfortunately both my best friends are this way so i just learn to live with it.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
miguel said:
I am just the same. When it comes to getting ready, I am done in a few minutes. Not long ago I was wating for my ex (yes, as of a few weeks, she is just an ex now), I timed her and it took her almost 2 hours to get ready(after the shower). Me, 8 minutes, not including the shower. Another ex, she got the "award" as the most slow person on God's green earth, she took about 4 hours to get ready!!.

Every single female that I know, they ALL take forever to get ready. Again, they use ALL the excuses in the book.

gsupa: Why do you say that JDJones has no class?. I guess that you do not understand all the "sufferings" that us guys had been put through. It has been HELL for us since God "invented" Adam and Eve!. It went downhill for us guys from then on, :cry: .

A few years back, I got so sick and tired of wating ALL the darn time, that I ended up just telling her that "from now on we will meet" at the place that I was taking her. Even that did not work because instead of waiting at her house, now I was sitting at a restaurant, like a moron, wating for hours.

And what about when my daughter and Jenny were visiting me at the same time a few weeks back and I wanted to take them both out?. See, now you know why I have no black hair left!!. Pure insane!.
To answer your question. guys just put on clothes, deoderant (i hope) maybe a shot of cologne and they are ready to go. Girls have to Wash there face, apply makeup(Depending on the person this can take about 5 years if they like to cake it on), then they have to do there hair, short hair doesn't take long but if you have long hair you either have to blow it out straight or make it curl, if your like me and have wavy hair it takes about 35-45 min to make it straight, if i want to make it curly it takes about 20-25 min. then they have to coordinate there outfit (something alot of guys have trouble with). If they like accessories this takes more time, and finally shoes. Now if you have tonnes of shoes this could be a very long process.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Cape Verde was Portuguese until 1975! So, it is a very cultural thing. And yes, to that you have to add that people who are islanders are more "relaxed" and literally do take their time. It's an ingrained habit. However, I think not everyone is the same or acts the same all the time. If it is something they really have an interest in or must meet a deadline, they'll be on time. If it's money they are going to recieve, for sure they will be on time. This of course, applies to people of different cultures and nationalities.

Jacquontee wrote:

"Now, what I find interesting is that she is Cape Verdean. Lateness seems to run rampant among this group as well. I've come to accept this as a fact. However, I refuse(d) to allow myself to adopt this bad habit as a habit of my own. In my opinion it is extremely rude."

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What!!!

mofi said:
I think its a girl thing. thats all there is too it. Although i am usually on time someimtes i can get carried away. But when you are going out most girls want to look good they want people to notice them, they want to impress that special person they are going out with.But it does get irritating especiallay if they are always late. Unfortunately both my best friends are this way so i just learn to live with it.
It's a girl thing?. I guess that you have not met my buddy John, he can put any female to shame when it comes to being late. But that's another thread.

Like a true female, you just "made" 3 excuses as to why some are late, hehe.