For the over 1000 posts...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
No way... the only things that we have not discussed, is man boobs, how to deal with floors, funerals and AZB's uhm, general seating area...

I guess all that remains is the contest then. MaineGirl made some good suggestions...

Best Thread by Someone Sankified
Best Advice on How to Deal With Sankies
Most Useful Thread for Moving to the DR
Most USeful Thread for Marriage and Visa
Strangest Thread that has DR content
Poster of the Year

and I add one..

Best informational post in each forum for 2005
The best "make fun of a newby post" (Note, this is a politically incorrect category)

Any more?

Ok, Robert, I'll organize it. I hereby call for nominations for a good organizer for this contest... :classic:

Last edited:

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Also

Best Trip Report
"Ugly American" Award (insert any nationality, the bitchiest travel report that is unfounded)
Best Photo Gallery Photo

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I'm finally catching up with this thread. I think the awards are a wonderful idea, Robert. I'll organize it if need be, but then you have to put in voting polls, because I don't think us lowly folk are allowed?

More ideas:
best quote
funniest DR story
stupidest thing anyone has written in 2005
most helpful poster

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Oops, Chris beat me to the punch. Go for it, girl...I only volunteered because I hadn't seen that anyone else already had offered.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's in your hands.... ;)

Need a few more categories so we can come up with a short list.

Best post?
Poster you would most like to meet?
Longest post?
Funniest post?

Chris said:
No way... the only things that we have not discussed, is man boobs, how to deal with floors, funerals and AZB's uhm, general seating area...

I guess all that remains is the contest then. MaineGirl made some good suggestions...

Best Thread by Someone Sankified
Best Advice on How to Deal With Sankies
Most Useful Thread for Moving to the DR
Most USeful Thread for Marriage and Visa
Strangest Thread that has DR content
Poster of the Year

and I add one..

Best informational post in each forum for 2005
The best "make fun of a newby post" (Note, this is a politically incorrect category)

Any more?

Ok, Robert, I'll organize it. I hereby call for nominations for a good organizer for this contest... :classic:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
trina said:
Oops, Chris beat me to the punch. Go for it, girl...I only volunteered because I hadn't seen that anyone else already had offered.

2 heads can sometimes be better than one ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
trina said:

Hey Trina, I only volunteered to take nominations for a good organizer... ;) Really, this is a very busy time for us and I have little time for other things...

So, YOU'RE THE ORGANIZER! Really Trina, over to you! I'll help wherever I can!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Okay, I will start a new thread on this. Do we think 10 categories is too little/too much?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Pick the categories you think we should have and count them up :)

I would say 10 is too much. It needs to be fast, simple and fun otherwise people will not participate.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Robert said:
Pick the categories you think we should have and count them up :)

I would say 10 is too much. It needs to be fast, simple and fun otherwise people will not participate.

Okay - I'm open to thoughts on which categories are best.

Chris - I know, I can't believe so many great ideas came up so fast!