Foriegner Ratings

localhistorybuff

Aug 6, 2013
Maybe we should approach this question differently and use an objective measurement such as: which nationality/foreigners are the least likely to get shot, stabbed, or burned to death when visiting the non-AI areas of the DR?

Mar 1, 2009
Wowwwwwww, memories of the 80's. When I was coming up in Santo Domingo, an Argentinian guy could land in DR and just speaking (oshe che)he would make the girls eyes flutter. Then it would pass and the girls would realize that they weren't Adonis's and the fad would fade, and "el che" would end up sidelined by a barrio guy.
A bunch of Espanoles and Espanolas came to the Universidad Medica and were providing free dental and medical care, mom rushed us there to get the free service and the Espanolas were being enamora by the jevitos and the Espanoles loved the mulattas.
Many Spaniards came to have a rep as stingy so Dominican women kinda dropped 'em.
Then a year before I moved to Miami way back in 89, a crew of Mormones boys from Utah were making the rounds into the barrios. The girls were all smiles and the tigeres were offering them cerveza. Too funny.

Then a friend of mine Reggie a black dude from Ohio, visited DR with me and he married this blond, green eyed stunner from Moca. Reggie does drywall work, he ain't rich. He doesn't dance.
I don't know what he had to show that girl ;)
So which foreigners do Dominicans prefer?
Who knows!!!!!!!!
Bring 'em to the island and I guess we'll find out.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
I think that according to my father in law the Dutch are not up to his standard when talking about being part of the family. Apparently I am too strong willed, rude (I'd call it direct), disrespectful and inconsiderate.

I don't think I am all of those things, but I admit I cannot handle a son-father relationship in the Dominican patriarchal way.

you are from the netherlands, i find it funny that a lot of people would descibe me like that too.

en ik ben van rotterdam!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Wowwwwwww, memories of the 80's. When I was coming up in Santo Domingo, an Argentinian guy could land in DR and just speaking (oshe che)he would make the girls eyes flutter. Then it would pass and the girls would realize that they weren't Adonis's and the fad would fade, and "el che" would end up sidelined by a barrio guy.
A bunch of Espanoles and Espanolas came to the Universidad Medica and were providing free dental and medical care, mom rushed us there to get the free service and the Espanolas were being enamora by the jevitos and the Espanoles loved the mulattas.
Many Spaniards came to have a rep as stingy so Dominican women kinda dropped 'em.
Then a year before I moved to Miami way back in 89, a crew of Mormones boys from Utah were making the rounds into the barrios. The girls were all smiles and the tigeres were offering them cerveza. Too funny.

Then a friend of mine Reggie a black dude from Ohio, visited DR with me and he married this blond, green eyed stunner from Moca. Reggie does drywall work, he ain't rich. He doesn't dance.
I don't know what he had to show that girl ;)
So which foreigners do Dominicans prefer?
Who knows!!!!!!!!
Bring 'em to the island and I guess we'll find out.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

you don't know what Reggie had to show Miss Moca?

check him next time he hits the showers....

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Haha...that reminds me of a girl in 'compras' at a client of mine. She asked me, where is that paper produced? I tell her: in Europe. She says: ah ok, where in Europe, Canada?

That same girl was on a trip to New York about a week before that...
That sounds like those New Yorkers with relatives abroad...in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.

Ever try to explain to somebody who's never been to all 5 boroughs, let alone left the City what part of 'Jersey Philly and Chicago are in?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
you are from the netherlands, i find it funny that a lot of people would descibe me like that too.

en ik ben van rotterdam!
Rotterdammers are probably way more direct and rude than the rest of us. I'm from the country side, imagine what my father in law would think if I would have been from Rotterdam.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Young girl asks her mother, "Is Rotterdam a Swear word"?????????
"No", Why?", asked her mother.
"Because if Susie doesn't stop eating so much candy, she's gonna "Rotterdam" teeth out"!!!!!!
"Stop ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I've lived in many different countries as an expat but I have to confess, this place has the biggest number of weirdos, dropouts,drunks, mongers, dreamers, liars, sociopaths and generally useless people of any place I've been.

(That could be because I'm in Sosua or the proximity of the next nearest major land mass....)

And I'm now included amongst them by default I guess....

I totally agree, many Europeans and North Americans that became outcasts or fugitives in their home towns or cities due to scandals, crime, bad reputations, etc. emigrate to the Dominican Republic because it is one of the few Caribbean nations where its easy to move to, and to be able to work legally right away. In addition, the DR has a profile in Europe, Canada, etc. because of the large number of tourist arrivals from those countries. The Dominican Rpublic is also a large island nation, compared to most islands in the Caribbean, so its easier to 'fly under the radar' and not stick out so much, if someone is looking for you.

In The Bahamas and many other Caribbean Islands, foreigners cannot get basic such as bartenders, carpenters, e.g. which Dominicans can do. In those island nations work permits are only reserved for specialized jobs where locals are not available in the workforce and can take months to get approved, require a lot of red tape, and cost thousands of dollars. In addition, foreigners who start working before their permits are approved, are easily reported to authorities by local workers when they have the tiniest argument with the foreigner, and can be deported immediately.

The DR government has been strengthening their immigration laws and more importantly, the enforcement of existing immigration/residency/work status regulations for foreigners, which I knew was going to happen. When I arrived here in 2002, almost all foreigners living here that I knew, didn't have residency papers because they didn't need them. Now, it's becoming difficult to find a job if you don't have your residency. Businesses can now be fined for hiring non residents and have limits on the amount of foreigners they can have.

The tightening of immigration and work permit laws for foreigners will continue, and eventually politicians will call for provisions that 'protect' Dominican workers from foreigners 'taking' their jobs. This will have the unintended positive benefit of keeping out some scoundrels, scammers, and fugitives, or at least shorten their stay as they run out of money or get deported for violations.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I've been trawling my secret sources (CIA) Chicas with Independent Assessments and the scores are out:
Let's not be tooo PC here, it is Dr1...

1. Canadians. White with money, English speaking.
2.Swiss. Rare but generous and respectful
2b. French. No comment.
3.Europeans of some unidentified country (excluding Spain and Germany)
4. Brits,white , who are not too miserly with money (rare).
5, Germans, but older guys.
6. Anything else excluding Dominican or American unless huge amounts of money or promises are included.
7. American, black or white as long as huge amounts of cash and promises are included.
8. Latinos. Any country. Good genes needed.Vamos a dominar el mundo mi amor...
9. Black or white or technicolor Guys with big d***ks who love to f***. .....Only for money. And, Please go home but send me WU love for your lurve chi'dren mi amor....

So folks.
There you have it from the whorese's mouth,
Could I lie?....