Forming a Rapid Response team

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Couldn't resist but this is a dog who is clearly not ready or not suitable for this kind of service. My suspicion its a dog which is not "hard" enough, is not a knucklehead who goes for it no matter what or its still a very young dog who hasn't been prepared for this job all together...although my first instinct tells me that this dog is just not suitable for this kind of work. The correct way would have been that the thief was already on the floor 10 sec into the clip :)

YouTube - funniest police pursuit ever!!!!!

Now IMO, for the purpose of this tread, we don't need that kind of hard police service dogs - I am not referring to the bad example of the clip - to team up in a SAR team, I would even say, better not. Such dogs have their purpose but not in a SAR team, they are very hard to train and like SantiagueroDR said, border to insubordanation frequently. Its a constant battle you fight between dog and handler for leadership and that battle doesn't wear off with the years. This battle makes that you cannot really "work" well together with this dog as you should be able to as a team, the dog is not a team player and will work with you within certain well set bounders but thats it, you cannot progress any further with them. So they are trained in what they do best, they get advanced obdience as well as possible and are stream trained towards heavy pursuit and independently and under heavy thread will do arrest (read bite) work. Thats fine for those dogs but not for a SAR dog.

What I really wanted to make clear with this clip and explanation is that the dog in the clip is not a suitable police service dog but could make a very good service dog in other area's. So do not "shoot" the dog because he is just in the wrong place ;)

Acira

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Actualy this made good policedog. To british standards don?t know to other standards
This was his first persuit. dog not realy prepared and not prepped up to do the job
Handler error. In another forum we discussed this video and the handler was honnest enough to present himself
Each type of training has its ideal type of dog and each trainer has its ideal type of dog.
As i?m domininant in nature i get the best results with a domininant dog. And for the real alfa dogs. There aren?t that maney around in all my years of training i only met 1 or 2. All is a matter of matching

But back to topic

Who wants to help and how do you think you can help

Greetings

Johan

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Actualy this made good policedog. To british standards don?t know to other standards
This was his first persuit. dog not realy prepared and not prepped up to do the job
Handler error. In another forum we discussed this video and the handler was honnest enough to present himself
Each type of training has its ideal type of dog and each trainer has its ideal type of dog.
As i?m domininant in nature i get the best results with a domininant dog. And for the real alfa dogs. There aren?t that maney around in all my years of training i only met 1 or 2. All is a matter of matching

But back to topic

Who wants to help and how do you think you can help

Greetings

Johan

Johan, you know my Acira. She is not a dominant dog but a very good all rounder, trained in Belgian Fieldwork, Mondio, French Ring, IPO, Agility, Flyball, Canine Flying Disc Sports (Dogfrisbee), Confirmation and Search and Rescue (rubble especially but done some field work and water work with her also with good results)...I admit she is an exception ;) and where she "lacks" if you can call that a negative point on her on courage or "hart" whatever you want to call it, she compensates with her intelligence and great prey drive...ever seen Acira ducking down (never backing away) from the thread of a decoy? Watch your cross!!! :)

You have to be a bit more specific in your questions regarding help, I think. What would you like to start with? Setting up a structure, having a dog trained, involving people to talk with, looking for terrains to train on, people or teams to train with?

Acira

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
First we need a small group of people who set their hart in developing the structures
Ones that is in place we can think of starting selecting dogs and handlers etc
During thier training of the dogs the structure can be develloped in function of needs and knowledge of needs and the structure could be operational somewhere in 2012
In a best case scenario with experienced trainers handlers it would be early 2012 but realisticly i think it is best to assume that it will be mid to late 2012

Greetings

Johan