French citizen kills robber

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
The American Revolutionary War - American War Of Independence

I think there was more than a "little help" from the French. The French support was crucial for the "rebels" to win against the Brits and the get USA founded.

France was helping themselves as much as the rebels. She was more than happy about the prospective opportunities provided by the discord in the British colonies. Just like she started poking around in Mexico when the American Civil War started.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Israeli Son

It is being reported that the deported Frenchman owns a workshop in Las Terrenas where stolen small vehicles
were dismantled in order to sell their parts. A Haitian who is in custody of the workshop was detained.
The Frenchman's son (19), an Israeli, who arrived in the country 10 days ago, is "looking for the properties" of his father...

Now, will the young man be able to prevent that his father's properties fall in the hands of honourable representatives of the state? ;)
Mind you, the Frenchman was not sentenced for any crime in this country... :cross-eye

donP

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
How is the son an israeli ?

And, the father knowing DR, how would he let his 19 yr old son travel there to handle his business ?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
How is the son an israeli ?

And, the father knowing DR, how would he let his 19 yr old son travel there to handle his business ?

If he is jewish, has right to citizenship by "right of return". Why should he be afraid to have son handle business here? He was never treated unfairly.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Why not?
Maybe the mother is from there?

Maybe he trusts him. :classic:

donP

Trusting a son, is a lot better than doing nothing and letting his investments vanish in thin air.........

At least he is over 18 and a man and can travel back and forth, to sign papers and take over and I don't mean the drug business .....

Last edited:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
If he is jewish, has right to citizenship by "right of return". Why should he be afraid to have son handle business here? He was never treated unfairly.

Being Jewish and being Israeli are 2 different things (one is a nationality, other is a religion), I have quite a few Jewish friends in France, they are french, they don't call themselves Israeli. As I donP pointed out his mother could be israeli.

Personaly, I wouldn't send my 19 year old across the globe to handle business (a country where I recently gunned down someone !!), but it could be the (overprotective ?) mother in me talking :)

As Pichardo stated, the plot thickens.......

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
What belmont meant is that the son could have emigrated to Israel in his own right and become a citizen.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Being Jewish and being Israeli are 2 different things (one is a nationality, other is a religion), I have quite a few Jewish friends in France, they are french, they don't call themselves Israeli. As I donP pointed out his mother could be israeli.

Personaly, I wouldn't send my 19 year old across the globe to handle business (a country where I recently gunned down someone !!), but it could be the (overprotective ?) mother in me talking :)

As Pichardo stated, the plot thickens.......

When I was a young man, a few friends got sent to Vietnam, for a lot less personal gain, drafted or volunteering..........

And a lot of kids that volunteer now, for this current WAR....and are around that age and the Frenchman is locked up, with limited choices, who he can trust, so the plot is to protect whatever investments the family has, and I would think, that is a good choice for him and his son....

Would you prefer a girlfriend, wife, partner or family member...........

The son doesn't have to live there, just take care of business............and he can hire a bodyguard, when in need, like some of these football and basketball players should do.............

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Seems to be a desperate move

I just hope the kid is not getting in something over his head

hopefully he will lawyer up,let them handle the properties and get out
good luck to him
Manu

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
What belmont meant is that the son could have emigrated to Israel in his own right and become a citizen.

Ok, point taken.
I was just curious, that's it. Would have been equaly surprised if the 19 year old son was a citizen of Papua New Guinea :)