Fuentes Opus X

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Others have said it is cheaper to order them from the US. I have no idea, I don't smoke, but that is what has been mentioned numerous times on DR1.

Reactions: CristoRey

Mr Deal HD

Sep 11, 2019
Others have said it is cheaper to order them from the US. I have no idea, I don't smoke, but that is what has been mentioned numerous times on DR1.
Maybe true, but there are lots of fakes circulating in the US. As are Cohibas here. If you want to make sure you have originals (this goes for anything, not just cigars), the only sure way is going to the actual source. In this case, Arturo Fuentes Cigar Club.

Reactions: Grampa

NachoBroadway

Jan 3, 2017
Cuban cigars are the most counterfeited, and least reliable in terms of quality.

Dominican cigars are cheaper in the U.S. than in D.R. I've purchase several rare boxes from the AF Cigar Club, excellent service and low markup.

I would avoid Cabinet. A $350 box of EP Carrillo in the U.S. sells for $750 there. The manager said every cigar will be priced higher here because of a Zona Franca rule regarding exports.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
No, just a happy client
I'm glad you're happy.

They do have a wide variety of cigars, no doubt.

My favorite is Leon Jimenes Robustos and I buy them in La Sirena and/or Jumbo.

The cost usually runs around 80 dollars for a box of 25.

Cigar Outlet sells the same box for $191, so I'm sticking with La Sirena.

As for Cuban cigars, you can also find them at the cigar shop in Silver Sun Gallery mall. I think the name is La Leyenda de Cigarro

Last edited:

Luismedina

Nov 19, 2021
Santo Domingo
I think you are confussed because Cigar Outlet dont sale Super Market’s Cigar or Brands like La Aurora, they only sales ultra premium Cigars like Fuente Opus, Padron and similars…

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I'm glad you're happy.

They do have a wide variety of cigars, no doubt.

My favorite is Leon Jimenes Robustos and I buy them in La Sirena and/or Jumbo.

The cost usually runs around 80 dollars for a box of 25.

Cigar Outlet sells the same box for $191, so I'm sticking with La Sirena.

As for Cuban cigars, you can also find them at the cigar shop in Silver Sun Gallery mall. I think the name is La Leyenda de Cigarro
You are correct buy at the supermarket, that's the cheapest place outside of going up to Tambiril and visiting the factories there.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You are correct buy at the supermarket, that's the cheapest place outside of going up to Tambiril and visiting the factories there.
Yup. Just bought a box of robustos today.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
As I will be in the country soon, I ordered a couple of boxes at Neptunus, trying to get the shipped through Vimenpaq to the DR.
Refused.