system can be $200 less.....

actually, $1400 + $400 service quarterly visits and $200 jug/filter

Greg is American, Bill.

Lindsey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
no... you read what it says

the pic shows just the 2 filter chambers....
the UV won't affect the odor, I wouldn't think

so, it does beg the question.......

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
UPDATE

after a month or so of use and two of the female family members testing it, the system is passing with flying colors.

Hair seems better.....
stomachs are quiet......not 'quieter'.... quiet as in normal

This is a system everybody who is concerned should have and , to me, proves the point I have always maintained that the 5 gal bottled water is only a scratch above the tap water

Surely, its better on clothing too .... if its better on hair

Anyway, there you have it.....

thomasj

Mar 31, 2010
Apart from pathogens, the biggest problem in my opinion is the removal of heavy metals from the water, particularly Arsenic.
No vendors mention it because it is the Achilles heal of water filtration. Soil and water contain substantial amount of Arsenic which is incorporated into local rice, fruits and vegetables which you eat every day. Since it is extremely poisonous it is important to remove as much as possible of the heavy metals from the drinking water. The D.R. has no sophisticated water quality control facility. Ocean world apparently has the most sophisticated water control system in the D.R.
Thus claims of vendors of water purification systems can neither be verified nor disproven .

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
that's a question for EcoServe...

why not contact them?

I can say this - my water on Lake Huron is pretty well straight from the lake.... as far as I know

My family's well in London ON, my house in Philadelphia --
straight out of wells

66yrs and I can still walk a straight line before lunch.

It's the Dominicanas that take advantage of that arsenic to kill off their esposos/novios...