Funeral

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
i have heard of coffin slicing before, not from matilda. i think this practice may be more common in rural areas, with small cemeteries where there are no watchmen. i know some people would hire someone to look after the grave for a few days.

an idea of re-using the coffin is very "green". both figuratively and, after few days, literally as well.

And that is where my grandmother and uncle(her son) are buried, in a rural cemetery in el Cibao. She wanted to be buried where she was born and raised. Thus the reason why the glass of the coffins were broken prior to burial.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They only "Bang Up" the expensive metal caskets, often the ones used to ship dead Dominicans from "PR", and "Overseas".
As to the "Short Coffin", they just bend the legs backwards!
I asked a USA funeral director if I, at 6'6" would need an extra long casket to fit.
He said "No, we just bend your legs back until you do fit!!!!
As for the "Glass" viewing plates used here????
They almost NEVER embalm the dead, but want to see dead person, Sooooooooooooooooooooo, since the "Dead" start to "Stink" soon after they die, they seal them in to keep the mourners from puking all over the DEAD!!!!!
These are all "Good Things", because they sound so horrible, I have decided to never die.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
They only "Bang Up" the expensive metal caskets, often the ones used to ship dead Dominicans from "PR", and "Overseas".
As to the "Short Coffin", they just bend the legs backwards!
I asked a USA funeral director if I, at 6'6" would need an extra long casket to fit.
He said "No, we just bend your legs back until you do fit!!!!
As for the "Glass" viewing plates used here????
They almost NEVER embalm the dead, but want to see dead person, Sooooooooooooooooooooo, since the "Dead" start to "Stink" soon after they die, they seal them in to keep the mourners from puking all over the DEAD!!!!!
These are all "Good Things", because they sound so horrible, I have decided to never die.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

They just bend the legs backwards....????
But why?
Is it concern about space or finance?
Btw...
I saw the short coffin in Higuey.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is only one funeral home that does cremation, blandino is SD. i think most of the clients are foreigners. cremation is not so popular among dominicans yet. i am going to get cremated too. easier to send to poland an urn than a coffin. i do not want to be buried here, despite the fact that my MIL has already bought a "shelf" for me. :)

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
there is only one funeral home that does cremation, blandino is SD. i think most of the clients are foreigners. cremation is not so popular among dominicans yet. i am going to get cremated too. easier to send to poland an urn than a coffin. i do not want to be buried here, despite the fact that my MIL has already bought a "shelf" for me. :)

If you die before your husband unfortunately the DR is where they will bury you.

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Looks like they're simply breaking off the handles to prevent people from trying to lift the casket out of the ground. I didn't know what people meant by breaking up the casket...I envisioned someone taking an ax to the casket and chopping it up like firewood.

Frank

Im envisoning the same thing Frank. Someone with an ax or machete really messing up the casket. I just cant imagine how traumatic this will be for some family members that are not expecting this knowing that its their mother inside.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
If you die before your husband unfortunately the DR is where they will bury you.

no no no. i have a deal with him and i left clear instructions to the consul. if he buries me in DR i am going to haunt his ass forever. :)

Rafael Perez

Oct 21, 2007
When we went to bury my grandmother in the campo, I remebered one of my neighbor hammering the handles from the coffin. At first I thought they did that because it was to prevent the thieves from stealing it (since it had a nice gold color. But then again it was to prevent the coffin to be lifted out of there just like I read in one of these replies.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
When we went to bury my grandmother in the campo, I remebered one of my neighbor hammering the handles from the coffin. At first I thought they did that because it was to prevent the thieves from stealing it (since it had a nice gold color. But then again it was to prevent the coffin to be lifted out of there just like I read in one of these replies.

Yes, therefore it prevents thieves from stealing the coffin, making it very difficult to lift.