Gardeners!

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
this is exactly what i want!!! to find a mango and avocado tree ready made! i don't have patience to plant one from scratch. i'm too new. so thank you!!! could you tell me where to go to find this? i'm in gaspar hernandez.

There are vivero's everywhere! A sapling Mango/Avocado tree shouldn't run you more than $25 peso's more or less. The cross breed avocado's fruit as soon as 2 years, the prized criollo takes a good while as CC pointed out (but worth the wait!). If you find that your area is expensive, send me a PM, I'll take you to a spot in Santiago where with $1,000 pesos you can buy to your hearts content.....Mandarine's, Orange's, Cherries, Guayaba, Nispero, Lime's, Zapote, varying classes of Mango/Avocado etc. etc. They also have saplings for wood, or wind breaking....Acacia, Caoba, etc.

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
There are vivero's everywhere! A sapling Mango/Avocado tree shouldn't run you more than $25 peso's more or less. The cross breed avocado's fruit as soon as 2 years, the prized criollo takes a good while as CC pointed out (but worth the wait!). If you find that your area is expensive, send me a PM, I'll take you to a spot in Santiago where with $1,000 pesos you can buy to your hearts content.....Mandarine's, Orange's, Cherries, Guayaba, Nispero, Lime's, Zapote, varying classes of Mango/Avocado etc. etc. They also have saplings for wood, or wind breaking....Acacia, Caoba, etc.

my heart is fluttering with joy!!!!! lol! thank you so much! i'll look for one close by first. i've seen some nice nurseries along the main road here, so now it's time to jump in! i'll add a sister to the avocado 'stick' in our yard hahaha!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I planted red onions,scallions,peppers and celery from seeds about 7 days ago and the seedlings
are starting to show.I have an abundance of veggies and herbs that I grow in both containers
and in the ground.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Can I ask where in Santiago? :) thank you.

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Vivero Pichardo is one I would recommend. It is on the outskirts heading towards the airport. Heading towards the airport from Santiago you make a left at the traffic light where leche rica's deposit is.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Hi big a, Im sorry I ve got no idea where gapar hernandez is..... I only know of this one goverment agency just outside of the town of Mao, Ive been ther twice now. U need a celula number for the form and have to give ure address. But Im pretty sure they have them in diffrent places. I only got to know about it cos one of my brother in laws was playing dominoes with a guy who worked in the nursery. Otherwise on the north cost thers quite a few "garden shops", but I find the trees tend to be quite expensive(relatively speaking) since I needed dozens. Good luck, once ure trees are 2 years old ull have more fruit than u know what to do with!!! Here in the POp region Im in the high countrysides and theres lots of insects and parasites so u need constant attention for the first 2 years

big_a

Feb 28, 2013
www.hector.ca
Hi big a, Im sorry I ve got no idea where gapar hernandez is..... I only know of this one goverment agency just outside of the town of Mao, Ive been ther twice now. U need a celula number for the form and have to give ure address. But Im pretty sure they have them in diffrent places. I only got to know about it cos one of my brother in laws was playing dominoes with a guy who worked in the nursery. Otherwise on the north cost thers quite a few "garden shops", but I find the trees tend to be quite expensive(relatively speaking) since I needed dozens. Good luck, once ure trees are 2 years old ull have more fruit than u know what to do with!!! Here in the POp region Im in the high countrysides and theres lots of insects and parasites so u need constant attention for the first 2 years

gaspar hernandez is about 15 minutes from cabarete, toward rio san juan ... i don't need dozens :) i just need one of each.

but we don't have any id yet, so i guess i'll just go to a regular garden shop! i'm so excited to go get some. even though i won't get any for 2 years lol! i'm too busy trying to learn how to open coconuts and make milk. so i'll keep busy until i have fruit ;)