Gas Lines

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I can't believe I'm one of the only people that DOESN'T have a dryer, electric or gas, here in the DR. Maybe my friend was right. Who knew? Oh well. I'm gonna stay old fashioned and line dry with zero fabric softener. Time to open up a MRE.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I can't believe I'm one of the only people that DOESN'T have a dryer, electric or gas, here in the DR. Maybe my friend was right. Who knew? Oh well. I'm gonna stay old fashioned and line dry with zero fabric softener. Time to open up a MRE.

I only have one friend who has one... even the laundry doesn't have them here.

Wait !!!
Business opportunity !!!!!!

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
I have a gas dryer.  While Im hanging out the clothes I throw in the towels and shirts (anything that creases) for 5 minutes.  they are warm and soft but still wet when they come out.  on the line they go-----.

However, I might try the softener that I just read about on this thread----

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
We have an electric dryer and a clothes line. The dryer doesn't see a lot of use except when it rains for days on end and something needs washing that can't wait for the sun. Granted on humid days towels and such don't feel completely dry on the line so a quick tumble fixes that and softens those items up. 

Like any other convenience, one weighs the convenience factor vs the cost of use and makes a decision. Most of the time, the clothes line is just fine. The dryer on fluff cycle is great for removing dog hair and lint from items after esposo washes the dog's blankets and fails to adequately clean the excess fur from the washer.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I purchased a GE washer dryer combo from Pricesmart.  The dryer is gas and came supplied with the hose and bottle connector.

I just wish the lady who does our washing would stop putting bleach in every wash.  It's not possible to own a red T shirt here.  Although I've been told that pink suits me!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I remember Cobraboy was giving away a gas dryer, check the Swap thread in Living Forum, maybe he still has it. 

We bought a new GE washer here, and they had the matching dryer. 
I gave away a high-end Kenmore electric dryer.

We have a gas dryer. Love it. We go through a 100lb. propane cylinder about every 10 months. We have three in our household and do a lot of laundry.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I purchased a GE washer dryer combo from Pricesmart.  The dryer is gas and came supplied with the hose and bottle connector.

I just wish the lady who does our washing would stop putting bleach in every wash.  It's not possible to own a red T shirt here.  Although I've been told that pink suits me!

Another reason I started doing my own laundry. You don't need Cloro with everything.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Another reason I started doing my own laundry. You don't need Cloro with everything.

We have a maid who does everything except the laundry. The damned bleach!  Plus she'd never understand my GE washer and the different settings. We have a pulley clothesline like my mother used when I was a child, she can't grasp the concept, so she used to walk under it, grab the edge of the clothes to yank the line low enough to remove the clothes pins. I gave up, I do it start to finish. Always use fabric softener, easy with automatic machines

Here in the Campo they dry clothes on fences, chairs, cactus plants, etc. 

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I like the roadway drier the best. Those roads really get warm in the summer. Ingenuity. Probably faster than an electric drier.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I never put the earthquake equation into play, as far as gaslines. True, very true. Gets me to thinking.....hmm. New thread coming.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
We have a maid who does everything except the laundry. The damned bleach!  Plus she'd never understand my GE washer and the different settings. We have a pulley clothesline like my mother used when I was a child, she can't grasp the concept, so she used to walk under it, grab the edge of the clothes to yank the line low enough to remove the clothes pins. I gave up, I do it start to finish. Always use fabric softener, easy with automatic machines

Here in the Campo they dry clothes on fences, chairs, cactus plants, etc. 

I've seen that, especially the plant/shrub/cactus thing.And this area was not really that campo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've got one of the stacker washer/gas dryer as well. Went through a couple of electronic control cards before I figured out it can't be run on the inverter.

The better half said she'd never use it..... until she used it. Now she loves it.

I don't know how she's doing it, but all of my clothes and towels smell super fresh and soft. I picked the right girl. :):)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've got one of the stacker washer/gas dryer as well. Went through a couple of electronic control cards before I figured out it can't be run on the inverter.

The better half said she'd never use it..... until she used it. Now she loves it.

I don't know how she's doing it, but all of my clothes and towels smell super fresh and soft. I picked the right girl. :):)
Our washer and dryer have been taken off inverter circuits.

Alida never used a dryer until I bought one. We used to hang clothes up and while smelling nice were like cardboard sandpaper.

After the gas dryer, there was no going back...

(FWIW, My household jobs are the yard, pool, cooking dinner---no washing dishes---and washing clothes.)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Like CB, we had several new lines/outlets installed that only have direct street power. One is for the washer,the others for the air conditioners. Fell asleep with the AC on in bedroom one afternoon, lost power, and AC fried an inverter. Never again.   

We have a big GE washer, it will not agitate or spin unless it has 120-125 volts, so we have a whole house voltage regulator (Dominicans call them cebolla, or onion in English).  

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I never put the earthquake equation into play, as far as gaslines. True, very true. Gets me to thinking.....hmm. New thread coming.

hmmm............yes I remember those folks in San Franciso. USA, in about 1900 ...........They loved the idea of gas lines to every home , until some thing happened... they were on the san andreas fault( same one as DR) .......then one fine day the big quake came , then the gas lines broke, then there was a spark, then most of San Francisco.........was gone.........

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
hmmm............yes I remember those folks in San Franciso. USA, in about 1900 ...........They loved the idea of gas lines to every home , until some thing happened... they were on the san andreas fault( same one as DR) .......then one fine day the big quake came , then the gas lines broke, then there was a spark, then most of San Francisco.........was gone.........

I could tell you a story about a tenant, a case of beer and an old gas outlet for a wall lamp. But it would be off topic.