Gazcue, help and budget ?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Acuarium Suite Resort, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic - Booking.com

This is where I stayed. There are lots of Italians there and quitea few own the apartments. There were plenty of large families. The place is done on room, not amount of people. There was just me andmy daughter but our room consisted of one double room, and then another two sidebeds in the living room area. TV kitchen, microwave, fridge, large balcony n all that jazz. I was paying as I went, like I said I was only expecting to be there a couple of weeks, thought it mightbe nice to get out of the barrio and disconnect with Dominican mentality before moving to Europe, but it ended up taking three months. but besides that.
There is a free transport to Boca Chica every day, and return. It is very secure. Ole and La Sirena are just up the road for shopping, and Las Americas and Ave Espana are just around the corner for transport into the city, or away up the coast. I paid more than I needed to, because ofthe situation, not knowing when I was going to be leaving exactly. In the end I paid the final month outright and it cost me RD50,000. Had I known I'dbe 3 months and de ided to pay that upfront I could have got it for about RD45,000 per month I reckon.

This is about 10 minutes drive from Gazcue, none rush hour times.

This is the only one Ibave stayed at, but obviously there are others similar.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
"NO,....It Is NOT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CCCCCCCC,
i would say for someone without a extended DR family and close ties in the DR-'hood it is a going rate.
you and me recrute the Nannies from within the well known community, that market and it's going rates are not available for someone who just comes over for a few months.
it def make's a different to be well known ole farts like you and me, who know all chics in da 'hood.
but that's ours, we don't share shyt

Mike

Alas

May 3, 2015
That's what she said, $250 a month, plus living expenses of course, the lady lived in "el campo" and had no family in SD, so stayed with my friend (and she was studying medicine, so long hours, sometimes 24 when doing rotations) but my friend got her about 6 years ago, so probably the prices have gone up since then.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
That's what she said, $250 a month, plus living expenses of course, the lady lived in "el campo" and had no family in SD, so stayed with my friend (and she was studying medicine, so long hours, sometimes 24 when doing rotations) but my friend got her about 6 years ago, so probably the prices have gone up since then.

wait, if she is studying anything anywhere, would mean she is busy most time beeing at univercity or doing her homework for her studies, that is not a live in Nanny. such peson would help in your house but noot be the nanny respnsible for the children's well beeing all day and evening long. such person would not get more than a 1000.- pesos per week plus food, and that would be a good deal for that person, considering the free housing.
you have to make clear what you are talking about, so we can give the info about the appropriate thingy.

Mike

Alas

May 3, 2015
Ok, I do NOT want a living in nanny or maid, she volunteer that info and I just thought to mentioned it here.

And yes, my understanding was that the lady was getting that much money, and, like I said living expenses (she started about 6 years ago) it seems like she was treated pretty much as a part of the family too, every time my friend's mom would visit (monthly) she would bring gifts for the lady's grand kids (or kids, not sure) and my friend as well, sometimes my friend would cook for everybody, so it was more of a family setting, at least the way my friend tells

And yes my friend hours were CRAZy, plus all the studying at home, so that poor lady worked her ass off :( although the girl was in school full time by then (Montessori)

Oh and my friend had only one kid, I'm sure if I decided together somebody like that I would be paying a second mortgage fror my brood, lol.

oH! Mike, my friend was the one studying, not the maid/sitter, sorry if that sounded confusing.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I was once mugged in Gazcue. Same thing happened to my cousin a couple of months after that. Funny, when my "incident" happened she gave me a really hard time: I let someone walk away with my phone, I didn't react, and was walking around talking on my cell phone, etc..
By the way it was on a Saturday afternoon, around 1:00.