General Strike (Huelga)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am also in my office but seems like a slow day. I did have 2 patients come in and many called to cancell for the fear of riots. Usually the action starts after dark in poor areas. Then it sometimes spreads to nice areas as well. Lets see what happens after 5pm. I am renting some movies and staying home tonight.
Mr. movies (special offer) = 13 movies = 1000 pesos.
You can rent these 13 movies whenever you like, no expiration date.
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
MrMike said:
OMFG!!! damn you Google image search, damn you to hell! Got to re-enable safe-search ASAP!

Didn't know what a posing pouch was, ran a quick image search and I think I need to go and wash my eyeballs!

DO NOT SEND ANY PICTURES!!!!

Much to Mr C's relief, I will respect your wishes.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Report from Puerto Plata. Both Mercedes and Ramon made it to work this morning, one from Costambar, one from Montellano. Mercedes said everything appeared normal in downtown PP. Ramon was not wearing a posing pouch. ;) As far as I can tell the huelga seems to be restricted to Verizon.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I've been out for a few hours and traffic in central Santo Domingo is slightly less crazy than usual.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Attendance at my 10:00 a.m. was 100%. Kids from Moca were all there, La Vega as well...coulda floored me!!
Reports from the " hot" barrios in Moca and Salcedo say that some tear gas was dispursed...Licey al Medio is quiet. Navarrete is, too.

If FALPO is not with the strike it will fizzle....

A lot depends on who is financing the strike and how much they are willing to pay and if they intend to create a few deaths in order to heat things up for the government. An old tactic, kill one of the demonstrators and blame the police and government repression....

HB

MrMike: Not to worry!!! I just thought it was cute, hehehe
Now, off to google to look for a posing pouch??????????

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
all is quiet on the north front

apparently friday is to be calm and boring.
i hope to snap some molotov cocktail juggling but no. puerto plata is like a sleeping baby.
everyone is at home googeling chiri in her posing pouch...
:D

Mar 21, 2002
Happy Huelga Day

Not that anyone cares but this cynical petulant self avowed pseudo-intellectual will be safely tucked away in Coral Gables, Florida. Have fun with your huelga!

Last edited: