generating an income stream...

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
If one invests his money in pesos, then, depending on one's way of life, one can pretty forget the official rate of inflacion.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"SAL" if you ever took a course in "Economics", get a refund!
UNLESS, your "Way Of Life" is to live naked in a cave here, and only drink "Agua Dulce"!!!!!!
"Inflation" is most severe on the poor, they don't have anymore money to spend as prices rise.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
Very simple, if you do not have a pension or SSI check coming in every month or an investment that produces steady monthly cash flow, you are not ready to move to the DR.

Stay home work harder and wait till you hit 62 and retire. Mean time feel blessed that you can still work and you will retire later.

Meanwhile you should come visit the DR and take several trips and have fun here and meet people, make friends and establish connections that will help you later on when you finally decide to make the final move and start enjoying life now.

I would not even think of investing or doing business here until you have lived here a long time, you are too green and need to learn the culture and the system before you can even start to understand how things work in the DR. This place is not like moving to Florida or another state.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
"SAL" if you ever took a course in "Economics", get a refund!
UNLESS, your "Way Of Life" is to live naked in a cave here, and only drink "Agua Dulce"!!!!!!
"Inflation" is most severe on the poor, they don't have anymore money to spend as prices rise.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I like naked cave women, and agua sin gas is ok for me, with a taste of Barcelo. Maybe 2-3 % inflacion :)

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Well, maybe so, but the price of beans and rice and pollo goes up with the debasement against the dollar.
Yes. But the price of banana from the lady on the street was constantly 5 peso during the past few years. And that's food good for one's health.
Ok. Maybe it's tomorrow 10 peso and then I'm a looser with my calculation :-(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Think that's call'd deflacion, from the point of view of the bisnesslady.

that is called a god deal from the point of view of the frutero. derfish is a stable client who buys regularly. the seller treats him well and assures he comes back time and again.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
deposit insurance ...........
no government anywhere in the world will guarantee deposits over 100,00US or Euro
look at Cyprus & soon Portugal Spain Italy or Ireland
or UK France US
do you get the picture???????????

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Speaking of stream! The only stream you can produce in the DR, is a post Presidente **** stream!

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Fish, one fruit meal a day... Is that all you eat per day? Or you also have other meals like breakfast or dinner when you eat other kind of food but fruits. Just asking because I mostly eat fruits as well. But I also take a bit of meat and cheese.
I actually would like to stop eating meet and only go for fruits and vegs...

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Deposit insurance is ?85,000 per institution in the UK. So if you hold deposits in 5 separate institutions you can have ?425,000 guaranteed. The institutions must hold separate banking licenses to qualify.

deposit insurance ...........
no government anywhere in the world will guarantee deposits over 100,00US or Euro
look at Cyprus & soon Portugal Spain Italy or Ireland
or UK France US
do you get the picture???????????

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
i stand corrected
but Cyprus should be a wake-up call to everybody with large deposits............... diversify b4 the 1% rob you blind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Would that be the same "1%" that pay 50% of the taxes to the US government so that the 50% who don't feel it necessary to "Work For A Living", but only "Vote For A "Living", can sit home and watch "Maury", every day?????
Lay off the "Koolade" man!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Fish, did you met the Russian in a "Gay Bar"???????
That's, a "FRUITarian"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know, a guy who eats only "Fruits"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't get mad,
"HarleysRock" told me that!!!

Last edited: