german resident dies in cabarete

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Just to make sure I'm reading it right...

He escaped jail and was on the lam for ten months, then got busted while robbing another person in another state, and after all that was declared innocent?

In a case like this where it's some barrio guy robbing people, who's putting up the bribe for the judges?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
make a note of his name for i have a feeling he will feature in more crime stories linked here.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
In a case like this where it's some barrio guy robbing people, who's putting up the bribe for the judges?
A lot of crooks here are "godfathered" by police officers, lawyers and other citizens "of integrity". Used to be just the same in eighteenth-century London (see the works of Henry Fielding). And later examples in Dickens.

When I first ventured into the barrios here, it struck me how Dickensian it all was, with the narrow alleys running with sewage, large families sharing one room, loads of idlers with nothing to do and nowhere to go, the street vendors with their distinctive cries, etc. The election meetings are like the Dickensian hustings with rough play and overt bribery. Just lacks the fog.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... In a case like this where it's some barrio guy robbing people, who's putting up the bribe for the judges?

"They lose money on every release, but make it up in volume" :cool:

London777 are you related to Mongoose 777?

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
"They lose money on every release, but make it up in volume" :cool:

London777 are you related to Mongoose 777?
Yes, we come from a long line of 777s. Our mutual great-grandfather was an aviation pioneer and had an airliner named after him.

The black sheep of the family hived off in the Middle Ages and became 666s.