Getting Married near Cabarete, places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyg

Jan 8, 2007
We are flying into Santiago on Jet Blue and staying in Cabarete, (Coconut Palms) in March. We are looking for a nice place for a small wedding and perhaps a planner to help us w/ paperwork and some things to make it a special day. Ideas?
Thanks

harrydr

On Vacation
Dec 12, 2006
I was an event planner for a large corporation in the States. Would love to talk to you about your plans. Lots of questions. PM me if you're interested.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
An interesting option might be Het Kasteeltje, a Hotel in ProCab with a great restaurant... and a HUGE bridal suite. It was designed after an actual Castle in Holland. The owners are a really nice Dutch/German couple...and it is quite nice inside with lots of hand carved Mahogany and very, very clean. The number is 809-571-0233, email: hetkasteelje@verizon.net.do. It's not on the beach, but is truly unique

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Nothing against Natura, but as you're looking at options:

One place to consider is La Puntilla de Pier Giorgio has a gorgeous view on the cliffs above Sosua. About a 20 minute ride from Cabarete. I'm not going to say the food is the best, but the setting for a wedding at sundown would be lovely. They are experienced with handling weddings, to the point of having details on their website. Caribbean wedding ceremonies and honeymoon suites at Piergiorgio Palace Hotel

Directly in Cabarete itself, the restaurant Marabu has a lovely tent directly at the beach. Great food there, don't know what if anything they offer in the way of bookings for weddings.
Ocean Dream - Luxury condominiums in the heart of Cabarete, Dominican Republic

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Congratulations!

I got married a bit over a year ago, so am still smiling when people tell me they're getting married -- you must be really excited and somewhat overwhelmed.

Sosua by the Sea Boutique Beach Resort can take care of the details. Accommodations, Reception, Paperwork, Photographer etc -- as much or as little as you need.

SOSUA BY THE SEA, the finest hotel on the beach in Sosua Dominican Republic 809 571 3222

Whereever you get married, I wish you the very best!

Joe

sandra vancouver

Sep 8, 2008
gettiing married

Hi Billy:

Has anyone told you how long it takes to drive from Santiago to Coconut Palms? What time of day does your flight arrive and how long is your flight?

I have been in Cabarete 9 times in the last couple of years for a total of 36 weeks. I do wedding planning as a hobby as I am semi-retired and have a Dominican boyfriend so I go mental with boredom sometimes (down there AND up here in lovely rainy Vancouver, Canada).

I would love to help you if you like (for free). Just invite me to the wedding!

I have many Dominican friends and have been to many many places that tourists don't get to hear about and could organize you some day trips if you would be interested that would only cost you the car and your food.

Also my Dominican friends include manicurists, hairdressers, cooks, etc. who l could organize to come to coconut to for instance: give any ladies interested a manicure AND pedicure with nail art and a honey/sugar foot and leg massage for $25.00; take your party out to a beautiful river (no tourists) for a Dominican bbq which my friends would cook for a few dollars plus the price of the food, etc. etc.

I have stayed at Coconut Palms three times now but now stay at El Magnifico on the other side of town but I rent a car there.

I know this probably sounds crazy but I don't need the money. I am just looking for something to do and I love planning things - have planned by myself 5 conventions (3 days each - 250 people) and 4 big weddings. I own a college here in Vancouver but have got such good people now (started it in 1982) that I have pretty much replaced myself with great people so all I need is my laptop and a phone and I go down there for 6 weeks at a time.

Anyway let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you as all my friends are Dominicans and they (including boyfriend) speak excellent English.

You could email me at gbuscol@telus.net if you're interested in chatting or anything.

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.