Getting rid of the live in maid

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I am insulted by you saying I am in food stamp land. It is you who needs to be in the real world. You seamlessly equate "good families" with wealth. Does being poor disqualify one from being a good family? You are equating wealth with worth. A good start would value human beings regardless of wealth. Your mind-set makes possible the domination and often the slaughter of the poor by the wealthy - as happened relatively recently in the DR and many other countries. Are you telling me that you are a better and more valuable person than the lady who runs a local colmado?

How did I ever say any of that ? I treat poor folks well, if I hated them why would I live where I am surrounded by them ?

You clearly have an agenda but it is a misplaced one, the Dominican Republic is not that poor of a country and the working class live better than 70 % of the world's population. I treat them well and with respect but do not subsidize them so that they can waste money on phones, booze, salon etc.

You need to think outside of your 1st world mentality and ground yourself in reality as to the big picture of the human condition.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
One more thing before I go back to work, a good family would be equated with parents who work hard and have set their children up for success in life. My family, despite their imperfections qualifies. By SD standards we are quite "average" financially.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
you entirely missed a point of my long post. if person earns 6,000 pesos/ month it is not enough to SURVIVE and cover basic needs.
if someone earns/spends 150 K pesos/ month or 500 k pesos or 2 milions - it doesnt matter that much, as basic expenses needed to SURVIVE OR EVEN LIVE WELL are already covered with WAY less.
the rest is all bull**** that doesnt matter, mostly for the people who love to flash what they have and buy things that they dont really need ("to impress people that they dont like", as to make that quote full) :)
now, if someone could just explain me how maid earning 6,000 pesos/ month can buy new "cellular" that she needs that much which is worth 10,000 or more ...I'm all ears ;-)
The Dominicans I am referring to make 2-20 million pesos a month. The differentiation between their life and mine is just as stark as our life and our maids.

les1

Feb 1, 2007
So we have an idea in mind of how people should live based on first world expectations. The world is a poor place, the Dominican who can afford to eat and pools money as a family to live in a decent structure with some money to buy TV, Cellphone, get nails done and get drunk on the weekends is better than 70 % of the worlds population.

The Dominicans I am referring to make 2-20 million pesos a month. The differentiation between their life and mine is just as stark as our life and our maids.
It looks like this thread may well get closed down for the usual reasons of being too close to the bone/political. So this may be my passing shot. I think there comes a point where the differentiation between the income of rfp's 150K a month and rich domincans with an income of 2-20 million becomes unstuck when you try to apply the same differentiation to those struggling on 10K a month or less and possibly supporting a family on this. It becomes unstuck when someone gets ill and they can't afford the medicine. It becomes unstuck when they can't afford a decent education for their kids (does rfp send his to the barrio state school?). On a day to day basis is becomes unstuck quite simply because the of the day to day a struggle day in and day out.

Finally I wonder how many of those earning 2 - 20,000 million a month with who he attends the same country club and events owe their wealth to those grandparents who grew rich on the rape and pillage of the DR? and spawning "decent" families. Perhaps none of them but it does make you wonder.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am insulted by you saying I am in food stamp land. It is you who needs to be in the real world. You seamlessly equate "good families" with wealth. Does being poor disqualify one from being a good family? You are equating wealth with worth. A good start would value human beings regardless of wealth. Your mind-set makes possible the domination and often the slaughter of the poor by the wealthy - as happened relatively recently in the DR and many other countries. Are you telling me that you are a better and more valuable person than the lady who runs a local colmado?

"Hey everybody look at ME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look how "PC" I AM!!!!!!!!!!!

C-mon, you know EXACTLY what he means by a "GOOD FAMILY"!!!!

As in,..."She's from a "GOOD FAMILY"!

We,....ALL KNOW, that you can be from a poor,.."Good Family", or a rich,.."GOOD FAMILY"!

WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH YOUR PHONY, "Holier Than Thou" post, is draw some attention to yourself.
Like the guy who slams his money into the collection plate at church on Sunday morning so everyone can see what a great Christian he is!!!

I AIN'T BUYING WHAT YOU ARE SELLING!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PS, I guess I missed the "Slaughter of the poor by the wealthy" that happened here "Recently".
Can you post your source please?????????????
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

les1

Feb 1, 2007
"Hey everybody look at ME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look how "PC" I AM!!!!!!!!!!!

C-mon, you know EXACTLY what he means by a "GOOD FAMILY"!!!!

As in,..."She's from a "GOOD FAMILY"!

We,....ALL KNOW, that you can be from a poor,.."Good Family", or a rich,.."GOOD FAMILY"!

WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH YOUR PHONY, "Holier Than Thou" post, is draw some attention to yourself.
Like the guy who slams his money into the collection plate at church on Sunday morning so everyone can see what a great Christian he is!!!

I AIN'T BUYING WHAT YOU ARE SELLING!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PS, I guess I missed the "Slaughter of the poor by the wealthy" that happened here "Recently".
Can you post your source please?????????????
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This nothing to do with being PC. Why do you have level that accusation at someone with a polar different stand point to you.Just try and take it at face value.
"Slaughter of the poor". try reading about Truillo - Haitians as well as dominicans

Status
Not open for further replies.