Gift from USA

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
If we send a gift purchased in the US for 300 Dollars from Amazon to Santo Domingo by CPS, what taxes and costs will the Dominican Recipient face? Any ideas?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
we discuss this constantly.... I have a purchase en route.... an electric gate opener costing $300-400.......
two moderately heavy boxes = 1 motor and 2nd the rails

$75 to my door........... mudanza

not rocket science

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Just hope that by the time you see her again it'll still be in her possession. The price of the bracelet
is worth more than a months salary in the DR. Might be attempted to sell it.:D Anyway, Good Luck!:)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Agree with CC, unless it's some "one of a kind" piece. Jewelry can actually be cheaper in The DR depending on what it is.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
If in the custom are not agree with the price in the invoice they will find some one to quote it and will make to pay according to that. I received a laptop by UPS and the custom charged arround 100.00 dollars, the price of the laptop was almost 400.00. they only charge me arround 28% in diferent taxes.

So when you add the shipment, UPS, and taxes, is better to buy the laptop here, less stress send the money and she buy whatever she likes here.

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
Just hope that by the time you see her again it'll still be in her possession. The price of the bracelet
is worth more than a months salary in the DR. Might be attempted to sell it.:D Anyway, Good Luck!:)

You have absolutely no idea about the circumstances and we have no intention of going into that here. The recipient does not work. She has no need to. The only reason we thought about this is that the vendor has reduced the price from 999 to 299 on Amazon. Not sure we can get the same deal in the DR.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
You have absolutely no idea about the circumstances and we have no intention of going into that here. The recipient does not work. She has no need to. The only reason we thought about this is that the vendor has reduced the price from 999 to 299 on Amazon. Not sure we can get the same deal in the DR.

Wow! That is a good deal! I was not asking for your circumstances. Like I said before, Good Luck with the transaction.

The reason why I said it was because it did happen to me a few times and I learned my lesson from gifts I had given and they turned around and sold it. So it was actually my experience that I posted.

Last edited:

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
I have the opportunity of buying from Amazon.com a bracelet that once had a price of 999.00 US Dollars. It is now 299.00 US Dollars. Is there anyone coming from anywhere in the USA to Anywhere in the Dominican Republic who would be prepared to hand carry it any time between now and the end of March?

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Just pay the taxes and be done with it. You arent going to find a trustworthy person to carry it for you. You could find a family member in the states to ship it to maybe. But even if you pay an extra $100usd arent you still 600 ahead on the deal? Really jewelry here is much cheaper than the US. A $2000usd diamond can be bought here all day for 500 or 600usd.

Buena suerte.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
I am coming in March.I want a photo copy of your USA drivers license.(in case its orderd with stolen cc) the package should come from amazon or courture with your name the matches the DL..I will open the package, and inspect it, if all is good i will bring it to SD.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Was just going to post a similar thread..... but other way around......
Anyone leaving the dr for europe and willing to carry back 2 kg of pure sugar for me ???
:laugh::laugh::laugh: