Give a dog a home.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
tinypic.com

Here is a pic of one of the puppies (4 month old) from Acira's last litter, I think it looks very much "purebred" ;)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
tinypic.com

Here is a pic of one of the puppies (4 month old) from Acira's last litter, I think it looks very much "purebred" ;)

Very Cute . Me I have had many male and female dogs. I used to breed Golden Labs. I prefer female dogs as their temperament is usually more stable.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
She is getting beautiful CaribeMike!! Does she also have the naughty character of a Malinois? ;)

Absolutely! I could tell you stories...lol

Just two hours ago she bit the Colmado delivery guy in the arm... Well, not strong but enough to tell him: "Hey, next time let me smell your hand before you try to touch me...."

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Very Cute but look short in the torso. Me I have had many male and female dogs. I used to breed Golden Labs. I prefer female dogs as their temperament is usually more stable.

It appears like that b/c I took the pic from up to down, she has nice proportions.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
Did this puppy find a home? She is GORGEOUS.. I would love her.. I'm too far away though :(

Any chance of making dogs "like" dogfood? I have never been able to get my dogs to eat dogfood.. I pour it in their bowls and it stays there till they dump it.. They are SOOOO thin.. I give them our food, but no matter what I do they don't put any weight on.. They are 5 months old.. and I feel they waste more food than my kids.. They love Salami.. and sometimes I'll spend 400 pesos on two big sticks of Salami just to make sure they've eaten well.. We are headed to the vet on Tuesday.. They've been dewormed and have their shots.. but something is wrong.. They were such fat rollie pollies when they were born!!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Very Cute . Me I have had many male and female dogs. I used to breed Golden Labs. I prefer female dogs as their temperament is usually more stable.

I'm just curious... do you mean yellow (blonde / white) labs, or golden retrievers, or a mix of goldens and labrador retrievers? A mix of those two breeds would make for a wonderful dog.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Did this puppy find a home? She is GORGEOUS.. I would love her.. I'm too far away though :(

Any chance of making dogs "like" dogfood? I have never been able to get my dogs to eat dogfood.. I pour it in their bowls and it stays there till they dump it.. They are SOOOO thin.. I give them our food, but no matter what I do they don't put any weight on.. They are 5 months old.. and I feel they waste more food than my kids.. They love Salami.. and sometimes I'll spend 400 pesos on two big sticks of Salami just to make sure they've eaten well.. We are headed to the vet on Tuesday.. They've been dewormed and have their shots.. but something is wrong.. They were such fat rollie pollies when they were born!!

give them ONLY dog food. especially when they're young. since you've already "spoiled" them, you might try putting some chicken broth onto their dog food. or maybe try a different brand of dog food. but changes in food should be done gradually, over the course of a week or two.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

I give my dogs dry dog food, Purina Beneful. I cook a bit of carne molida in water and broth to add to the dry food. I cook a whole chicken in the oven three or four times a month. I boil the bones, junk meat and giblets to make the broth and additional meat add ins to the dry food.

Two of my dogs scarf it down before you can say 'Jack Sprat'.

My five pound Chihuahua eats more slowly and sometimes he just doesn't want to eat. Sometimes I put it aside and give him another shot at it. If he just refuses to eat it I give it to the other dogs and let him skip a meal. He eats the next meal. Tough love doggy style.

I don't give them salami, too much fat. I don't feed them from my plate.

My dogs get one hour walkies in the morning and the evening. They are healthy, strong and happy.

I hope Whirlybird's rescue puppy finds a home. Sadly I'm full up with three.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks to those that have expressed an interest in her and others that hope she finds a nice home.... this evening she decided to attack my boots which I wear in the somewhat muddy fields at the moment but the effort was just too much and she just fell asleep:

1624k00.jpg

Still seeking a forever home with a nice, loving family.....

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004

Sometimes just simply putting water in their food and letting it sit for 5 minutes is enough to get them started. I guess it brings out the flavor a bit more. There's also a sauce you can sometimes find in the supermarkets that's specifically for dogs and gives them an extra incentive. Just keep at them, they'll get the hang of it! I'm also assuming they're dewormed and all...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am delighted to report that the puppy which is the subject of this thread has now been offered a kind, loving home.

A huge thank you to the couple who are adopting her and to DR1 for getting her noticed.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Just over a week, you certainly have the magic! excellent result and I am very happy for all of you, wish her good luck on her way from me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.