give me what's yours, i'm a PADRE DE FAMILIA

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
The system is with all due respect, completely broken. As this example shows, you can have land, title, everything, and then you face an organized invasion, and then you have to go through 5 years of deliberation with people with no rights???? This is the very definition of insanity? Why would it not happen again after you clear that invasion up? This is not a uniquely Dominican problem, I have heard the argument, I have 6 kids, so let me have this or that, while those with one kid and saved all their life .... "they have much more than they need, give me some".

The only way to live in the DR is like Criss, have 8 Dominicans totally financially dependent on you, then at least they will take care of your property rights, and all you will be left to worry about is, " did I leave the house $20 in my pocket, and if so, did I make sure no one knows".

This "invasion" is the reverse of "urban renewal", no one should live their lives banking on that they can take something that is not theirs if they get in a jam. The Laywers, the Police, the land invaders, all take money, it is like death by 10000 flea bites.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
The system is with all due respect, completely broken. As this example shows, you can have land, title, everything, and then you face an organized invasion, and then you have to go through 5 years of deliberation with people with no rights???? This is the very definition of insanity? Why would it not happen again after you clear that invasion up?
Well, I have never heard about invasion on the territory of a 5 star resort, or a golf club, or any private villa project. Squatters occupy only abandoned land or buildings (and it happens in many countries), so if you own something that you don't use, just sell it to somebody who will use it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Let's say the truth, most Dominicans live like animals, they sh1t where they eat, and even some of them who were lucky to become rich somehow, they still sh1t where they eat, just look inside any new Lexus of any rich Dominican, it's like a garbage dump inside.
There is maybe 0.1% of all population of DR that can be considered NORMAL people. There are some doctors, engineers, etc, that are really normal. But I strongly believe that it's not more than 0.1% of population.

Garbage is a real problema here, as is littering. Not enough garbage containers, no enforcement, and Little education from parents in this regard. Most children at the school learn and pick up after themselves, but it requires constant re-enforcement for some. They figure there's Street cleaners for that, beach cleaners...etc and they don't have the vision to see the damage they cause. However most cars owned by Dominicans, rich or poor, are very clean inside and out, same for the inside of their houses. Most of Dominicans are physical clean as well. Now if they just cared about environment as much the country would be much better off. It is a quandry. I'm happy to know that you know most of the country , person by person, so are able to make such a sweeping judgement.