Going to college in Dominican Republic?

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
Maybe its the students who are drop dead gorgeous?

Perdon! I didn't realize my modifier was dangling!

I obviously meant the campus was gorgeous, darlings.

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
I wrote that line just for you, CCCCCC!

BTW I'm a female. And PUCMM is full of all flavors of Dominican finery. Tanta carne, y yo sin dientes!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well said Jabuti!!!

So far I cannot find fault with what has been posted here.

If the OP wants to learn Spanish, he might consider one of those study-abroad plans at PUCMM, or matriculate as a transfer student after he/she finishes this semester. The OP could study with regular students which would be tough but after a while he/she would find that comprehension and speaking ability would be vastly improved.

I like the way the OP is thinking.

HB

coconutrae

Jan 9, 2012
Hey guys - thank you for all of your help. I am applying for Fall Semester 2012 at PUCMM. I am having difficulties with Financial Aid. Does anyone know if my financial aid from the US will roll over to PUCMM? Or will I need to take out private loans?

The application for enrollment on the PUCMM website seems to be nonexistant and not functioning. Anyone know where I can find one?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HUmmmm...I know that Federal Loans are available at PUCMM, but I do not know the details. Ask your people up there!

It might be a good idea to do some of this in person. Are you going to be part of a group or on your own? What are you going to study?

Don't know about the website...you can PM me if you want and I will ask...
You need your transcript sent in from your school to PUCMM; you need photographs (2); a birth certificate and fill out the application. I'll check of there is anything else.

HB

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
As I have it understood, PUCMM is one the best schools in Santiago right? I just glanced at their tuition fees, and I gotta say they are not bad at all!

Does anyone know if the credits from PUCMM are valid in the states?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Most of them surely are. A lot will depend on what you study and under which program.

If you are coming from a school in the States, from a degree program, please make sure that any course work done here would be accepted there.

For example: If you are studying Biology. Make sure that the curriculum for General Biology that is give here would meet curriculum needs there. Or Calculus or Surveying or Draftsmanship or what every. Even Business Courses....

Good luck.

HB